Weird Issue!

g1tox

Reaction score
Just got my Dx today and I'm really excited. This is really really weird. I can not make a phone call out of my home even though I have full 3g bars before I make a phone call. As soon as I hit the call button, the bars completely disappear and I cannot make a phone call. Same thing occurs if I'm using wifi for data instead of 3g. Full bars and then as soon as I hit that call button.. "NOTHING!" Data works amazing in the home. Anyone that could help me out that would be great.

p.s. It works everywhere in the area but my home. :(

Technoman

Reaction score
Just got my Dx today and I'm really excited. This is really really weird. I can not make a phone call out of my home even though I have full 3g bars before I make a phone call. As soon as I hit the call button, the bars completely disappear and I cannot make a phone call. Same thing occurs if I'm using wifi for data instead of 3g. Full bars and then as soon as I hit that call button.. "NOTHING!" Data works amazing in the home. Anyone that could help me out that would be great.

Since 3g nor wifi are required to make phone calls, you need to go another route. Did you have Verizon service before that worked in your house?

Is it possible that the activation was not completed? You could call from as close to your house as possible to *22891 and let the phone update the PRL. That may help.

OP
G

g1tox

Reaction score

Since 3g nor wifi are required to make phone calls, you need to go another route. Did you have Verizon service before that worked in your house?

Is it possible that the activation was not completed? You could call from as close to your house as possible to *22891 and let the phone update the PRL. That may help.

I have tried the *228 1, *228 2, but not the *22891 yet, i'll try that and see if it works. I ported over from t-mobile today and the number is ported and i can make calls showing up on caller id from my friends and receive from everywhere but here.

cinobyte

Reaction score
I have the exact same issue well sort of. I live on what is considered a fringe area. I get pretty good service but I noticed my dx and lg dare do the same thing.
I look and have full signal soon as I hit send to make a call it drops to one or two bars. I can always make a call but the signal does drop and sometimes I have to walk out on the porch to keep the can you hear me now statements from starting.

Now I ass+u+me and this is just a theory that when my phone is idle not much power is being consumed but as soon as I make a call voltage is divided to the call button pushing connection the service ect ect ect which provides less voltage for the signal.

I bet it happens to alot of users but no one ever really pays attn to it unless they start dropping calls

OMG 2nd edit i gotta come to the forums before beer thirty instead of after :)

Last edited: