Weird issue with touch screen responsiveness

Kickbut101

Reaction score
Okay so I downloaded and installed the 5.1 ICS ROM about a month ago and as of this last week I've noticed my touch screen and touch buttons are nonresponsive if I open my keyboard. and better yet if I leave my keyboard open for more than 5 seconds sliding the keyboard closed again doesn't let me regain touch screen response (which it normally does if I DO close my keyboard in less than 5 sec). To get it to work again I have to wait like 15 seconds and be sure to lock and then unlock my phone with the physical button on top before I get a response. I am using LauncherPro for my homescreen, and GO SMS Pro, for txting, not sure if those pertain to this but I was just wondering if anybody else had weird problems like this.

Thanks for looking.

Johnnyb

Reaction score
I assume you've tried simply rebooting the phone. If not, give it a go. If you have and it's not fixed it I would try a factory reset (wipe data/cache from bootstrap/safestrap) and see if that doesn't bring it back. If not, I would say you've got defective hardware. To eliminate that you could flash back to stock and see if the problem persists. You may have to just to get the phone back to Big V for repair/replacement.