Weird issue since flashing SS 4.1

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by thundercats, Jun 21, 2010.

1. thundercats

thundercats Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been experiencing a weird issue since going from SS 4.0 to SS 4.1. I seem to lose the use of my 'home' button after I enable & disable USB file transfer. I hook my phone up via the USB cable and then enable USB transfer. I then transfer my .apk file on my phone and turn off USB file transfer. Once I do this, my home button no longer does anything. I do get the haptic feedback, however, it doesn't do anything. All of the other buttons work just fine though, and the only way I've been able to solve my problem is to reboot the phone. Any suggestions?

2. NattyBee

NattyBee Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You know, I noticed myself that after doing anything at all involving file transfers on my sd card, my phone kinda freezes for a little bit, but initiallly seems like it's just the home key...I say after you do your file transfer, let Droid sit and do it's thing for a few min and it should be back to normal...at least that's what mine does...of course mine does that everytime I reboot too....

3. NattyBee

NattyBee Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh, just an added note: SS4.1 is the only Froyo rom that doesn't constantly freeze for me...I've been running it since Friday afternoon without any trouble, other than the above mentioned...

4. carlz28

carlz28 Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm curious as to which launcher you are using. I've noticed something similar in Launcher Pro, but I'm not running SS. I'm on Team Chaos FroYo ROM.
    I haven't transferred any files to the sd card in quite some time, but if I try hitting the home button (especially if running a fullscreen app) it is completely non-responsive. Well, I get the haptic feedback, but it dosn't go to the home screen. If I hit the back button, I exit out, but with the home button, it just sits there. Multiple hits and still nothing.
    The problem is, is that it does this randomly. Sometimes it works, sometimes it just sits there
    That's why I'm curious to know which launcher you're using. Is it a SS problem? A launcher problem, or FroYo problem?

5. NattyBee

NattyBee Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think it's a Froyo issue...I bet once the official froyo comes out, many of these issues will go away...

6. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Member

Ratings:
    +0
    personally as far as it being a Froyo issue I don't think so myself. there seems to be more of lag issues with any of these custom ROMs which IMO cause a lot of these little issue we are hearing people talk about. Reason I say this is I was lucky enough to have my spare Droid flashed with an SBF file by a Moto guy I know and there is no lag at all with it running at the stock speed of 800Mhz.

One thing I have noticed tho on the the lag after transfering via USB mode is because the device need to refresh from what I've seen so far. Reason I say this is because Froyo allows apps to be on the sdcard when you use USB mode all those apps will not work until you are out of USB mode. I noticed this when I first tried Froyo and had Astro on the sdcard. While using USB mode to transfer a few things over I pressed the app drawer key and Astro was not listed anymore. I got done with transferring and exited USB mode and it was still not there but about 15-20secs later it showed up. So I think once you exit it takes a couple of second for everything to come back to normal.

7. Fulle

Fulle Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If ya' have crap installed to the SD card, and then yank that out from under the launcher by mounting the SD card to your computer, what do you expect to happen?

Take a moment and think to yourself "why am I installing crap to the SD Card?". Alright, give it a few minutes. That's right, you don't have a reason. Stop doing it!

8. thundercats

thundercats Member

Ratings:
    +0
    wtf are you talking about? In order to flash anything via the recovery console (without ROM Manager) you need to move the files manually to the SD card.. As far as actual apps themselves go, I don't use Apps2SD.

9. MrC1122

MrC1122 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    let's be nice guys =}, i could be wrong, but i think this is a 2.2 issue. while it's true that there is a slight lag sometimes, i still had it even being stock with just a theme and no rom...didn't have that with 2.1 themed or rom.