weird error help "error running priveleges"!?

dfine06

Reaction score
Im getting this error message.
"an error occured while attempting to run priveleges"

any thoughts. i cant flash to sprecovery either same message. i have no clue what to even do.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
what Rom are you running

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Smoked glass clockwork, adamz, chevy. cuz if i am not mistaken smoked glass is a theme.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Alright I am going to need to know what are you doing. Are you trying to install smoked glass theme using metamorph or installing a new rom.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Alright give me a moment to read up on the rom and I will have a solution

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok that is why you can not install smoked glass cuz of the sprecovery issue. we can fix that are you running the rooted 2.1 or was you rooted when they pushed it.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
someone on the Rs (roladroid) pointed out that someone had a similar issue here is the solution:

A quick brief on what ROM Manager is:
ROM Manager is a tool that allows you to download and install ROMs from a convenient Android based UI, rather than through recovery. You can also perform phone backups, sd card partitioning, and other utility functions. It makes ROM installation and options painless and easy!

Tips for using ROM Manager:
  • When switching between ROMs, I highly recommend wiping data and backup as part of the switch process.
  • If you find yourself missing applications or having force closes due to "class not found" errors in logcat, use Fix Permissions within ROM Manager.
  • The first flash of recovery via ROM Manager is sometimes buggy due to an issue with some versions of Superuser. It will get "stuck" after you choose "Always Allow" and then possibly show an error. Just press back, and try again. It will usually work.
  • If you have root access, and continue getting "Error running privileged commands", try applying the droid-root.zip. Some versions of Superuser are a little buggy. I have verified that the droid-root.zip version works fine.
  • Make sure you have an SD card inserted and not mounted to your PC. :)
  • If something goes wrong while in recovery, you would be a great help if you can get me a copy of /tmp/recovery.log and /tmp/extendedcommand before you reboot.

OP
D

dfine06

Reaction score
haha give me a min to read all those. its the adamz one.
im trying to load a new rom cyan but it downloads it then wont let me install cause of that error.

RoLa

Reaction score
haha give me a min to read all those. its the adamz one.
im trying to load a new rom cyan but it downloads it then wont let me install cause of that error.
This is seriously deja-vu...The person I was helping last night installed the EXACT same ROM and tried to go to the EXACT same ROM using ROM manager, it wouldn't flash Clockwork...we need to figure out how to pull that root privilege and push this one http://www.droidaftermarket.com/files/droid-root.zip

Last edited:

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've seen that solution too. I've also seen restoring back to the previous rom and making sure a cache and data wipe was done do the trick too.

Was data and cache wiped when attempting to switch roms?

OP
D

dfine06

Reaction score
Where can i get the droid-root.zip and how should i about installing that?

OP
D

dfine06

Reaction score
yes it was but it was right before i went to adamz. i want to go to cyanogen but i need to flash first.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ima let Roladroid take this since he has dealt with the exact same issue last night