Weird Droid Battery Issues

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by awsolot, Aug 24, 2010.

1. awsolot

awsolot Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My battery is draining like crazy. I thought it was a problem with the battery itself so I tried it in my other droid but it worked fine. I tried removing all Widgets from the problem droid to see if that was the issue but still having battery issues. I'm thinking of tryin to exchange it at Verizon but I was wondering if anyone has any t-shooting ideas I can try. Thanks in advance.

Specs
    Android 2.2
    Stock.

2. Sidewindar

Sidewindar New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You could always try a factory reset before you take it in. That is usually Verizon's first step anyway. Let me know if you don't know how to do one and I will post back.

3. truckbutt

truckbutt Member

Ratings:
    +0
  4. aminaked

aminaked Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Before a factory reset, reboot into safe mode to see if the problem's still there. If so, you know that one of your apps is causing it.

5. legalkill

legalkill Member

Ratings:
    +21
    My News and weather app was constantly pulling data yesterday draining my battery down. I really only noticed the battery draining, then caught the data running from the 3g icon. I was apparent under the battery usage what it was as it was listed. I force closed it to stop it and back to normal. I think it got stuck in a loop because our bathroom has poor signal and I just exited out when it was in the middle of a refresh. Did you check to see what app is listed as the battery hog?

6. mymotoq07

mymotoq07 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Safe Mode??

Is safe mode only for a rooted phone? If not, how do you reboot into safe mode?
    Thanks

7. Slingnutt

Slingnutt New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My phone gets SUPER hot sometimes since the update. I have noticed it uses the battery more. I turn off EVERYTHING on my power widget, and kill everything, and it still drains. It gets hot as fire, and of course won't take a charge until it cools. I don't know what's doing it, but I'm glad extra batts are cheap for this phone. I would like to know what the deal is though. Until then it's just a trial and error type situation.

8. xtremecanefan

xtremecanefan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Apps can be the cause...I once had my phone go from 100% to completely dead (no turning on) in 6 hours and i found it it was ShopSavvy draining the battery (not saying that the app is bad, just saying apps can do this).

9. pyth0n

pyth0n New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    task killer app was doing it on my phone.

more likely then not its 1 of your apps

10. rol-droid

rol-droid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Which app

Since a recent system update my Droid keeps reloading a bunch of apps that did not automatically load before - including news & weather, Amazon MP3, and Google services framework.

And the battery now runs down in just a few hours, even with no phone use. Previously with light use it would last perhaps two days.

And the Droid gets hot. Then the battery says it is low. If I turn off the Droid and wait a while the battery indication goes back to nearly full. This seems to indicate that something is running all the time, hogging power.

I do not have task manager set to automatically shut any apps down.

If I use advanced task manager manually to shut down the apps that pop up they just resume again after a little while.

How can I identify which apps are actually running the thing down? If I knew then I could consider uninstalling them.

Thanks!

11. pyth0n

pyth0n New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hey man more likely then not its the task killer app itself. I havent used one since i go to these forums and my battery life is back to what it used to be when i first used my droid

12. rol-droid

rol-droid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    advanced task manager

Before the update I was using advanced task manager in manual mode and never had a problem with it. I found it handy for turning off apps after I used them. So I am hesitant to think it is the problem.

As mentioned before, following the recent update I have this problem that various apps start up and the battery is running down. These apps never loaded by themselves before the update.

I would like these apps to stop running automatically, and I would like to identify the ones that are using so much power that the phone gets hot.

Thanks for the tip re "News and Weather" - perhaps that is one of the problem apps.

Search tags for this page

motorola droid 3 touch gets wierd when closed

motorola indexing service running my battery down