Weird crash issue: Phone still alive, screen won't turn on.

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by MMcGee91, Sep 11, 2011.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. MMcGee91

MMcGee91 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay, so I've had my D3 since it pretty much came out, and one day a long time ago, it rebooted, got stuck on the red eye screen, stayed there longer than usual and eventually the screen timed out. After that, the power button didn't do anything. The phone seemed like it was still working, I was still getting notifications and notification lights, but the screen just wouldn't turn on. If I pulled the battery, it would start up, but do it all over again. Sometimes I could get it to the lock screen, but the buttons are not aligned right, and it was frozen. The only solution was a factory reset. I replaced the phone, and am now on my 3rd one (the second one replaced due to a different issue). I've ruled out that it was a defective phone, because this newest phone did it a couple weeks ago. Thus, I think it might be some combination of apps or settings that I am using. My boyfriend also has a D3 and has not had this issue once. So every app that I need back that I had before, he also downloads. I'm confused, because I don't really use any weird apps, and I have not seen ANYONE else really who has had this issue, and I've been on XDA and Motorola. So I'm trying this forum. It's been a long battle with this phone, and I'm sick of having to tip-toe around what apps I download and worry if I'm going to have to start all over again. It's happened about 5 times now. Anybody else experience this problem?
  2. Lalo1007

Lalo1007 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same exact issue with my D3 and idk what to do with it. Please help!. Can this be fixed or do i have to take it back to the store?
  3. Fr33dom

Fr33dom Member

Ratings:
    +6
    1. Pull the battery and let it set for about 5 minutes before trying again.

2. Boot while holding x and when you see the triangle icon, press both volume up and down at the same time (press the middle of the rocker). From here you can do a factory reset, or you could try wiping the cache partition.

3. Burn a granny smith apple while chanting. Alternatively you could melt the glass from your favorite window and mold it into the shape of Android, but you need lots of heat for that and those darn windows have a habit of breaking first.
  4. Fr33dom

Fr33dom Member

Ratings:
    +6
    What, no love for my clever joke? Guess I'll never make it as a comedian:blink:
  5. xconwayx

xconwayx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I want Andy made of glass...

6. stonemax

stonemax New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Droid 3 Crash

I have been experiencing the same issue 2 days after I received the phone mid August. I get rebooted upwards of 10x per day.

I called Motorola and they sent me a new battery as a trouble shooting attempt. It didn't work.

I think it is an app conflict like the earlier user. Perhaps it would be worth doing an app comparison between a few of us to see identify common apps that might be causing the problem....

Here are my apps (used ShareMyApps to get this list easily):

Zebra Paint
    Bible
    Business Calendar Free
    Conductor for INSTEON
    DS audio
    DS cam
    DS file
    DS finder
    DS photo+
    ElkDroid
    Facebook