Weird Contact Issue

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by masiv, Apr 7, 2010.

1. masiv

masiv New Member

I tried to search but couldn't find anything on the forums about this. Could be I'm not quite sure how to phrase it for a search.

I have a weird issue with a couple of contacts. I have two contacts that I added via the phone manually. These contacts do not show up in the contacts list. But if I am addressing a text message, the auto lookup finds them.

I sync with Exchange so I know I can re-enter them in Outlook and sync them up, but I am curious as to why they don't show up in the contacts list. These are the only two that I am aware of that act like this.

I verified that this seems to be normal behavior. I added a new contact via the phone and the new contact does not show in the contact list either.
  2. cpinto

cpinto Member

Common Problem ...

The answer is that you are not displaying them all.

Do this:

Open CONTACTS > MENU > DISPLAY OPTIONS

Check all accounts to be sure everything is displayed.

For example, you mave have stored a corporate contact, but you are only displaying google contacts.

Contacts management is weak link with Android in my opinion. Should be simplified.
  3. masiv

masiv New Member

I messed with the settings and found where the problem was. Thanks. Yeah, who would think that when someone adds a contact via the phone that they would actaully want it to show up in their contacts??? Thanks again.
Search tags for this page

contacts not added

weird contact added to android