Weird Back Button Issues

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by apockoffork, Oct 28, 2010.

1. apockoffork

apockoffork New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I a huge fan of bugless. Basically everything is excellent. I have a weird issue which I haven't seen mentioned anywhere and I'm not sure if its a kernel level thing, bugless, or something else entirely. The issue involves the functionality of the back button. It doesn't seem to go back to the previous item correctly.

The two best examples I give for the behavior I see is first in gmail. If I hit the back button instead of going to the inbox it will often flash back to the "loading" screen and then go right back to the e-mail I had open. The results is I need to double tap back to get back to the inbox.

Another example is the built in new & weather app. If I open an article and then hit the back button it will go back not to where I was previously but instead to where I first opened the app to. So if I opened the app on weather then scroll over to the US tab and open an article then hit back it will go back to the weather tab and not the US tab.

In general the this behavior is pervasive throughout everything on the phone. I'm pretty sure it is the root cause of other odd and random things I occasionally see on the phone.

I'm running a stock bugless. I did recover this install from a nandroid backup or I may have done wipe and reinstalled it after installing sapphire (I can't remember exactly) always with a complete wipe however. I don't believe I had this issue when I initially installed bugless after rooting my stock install.

Anyone have a solution or have even seent his before.

2. apockoffork

apockoffork New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No one has a solution to the issue? Or do people need a better description of the problem? I'm curious to even know if other people even see this kind of behavior and if it just how bugless has been tweaked to work?