Weird alternating brightness?

KHeeney5

Reaction score
Anyone else having problems with the display changing brightness after unplugging/plugging in? I don't have auto brightness enabled, but I can have full brightness and then unplug/plug it in, and when I do the opposite, it changes back to the previous brightness level.

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Well if you plug a phone in, any phone, it brightens the screen since it's charging and conserving battery is no big deal.

Pretty sure it's normal. Explains why no one else has replied yet....

But if the brightness changes while unplugged, eh that's a concern, unless the brightness in your environment has changed, like maybe you went outside or something.

Scadaboy

Reaction score
Not the whole story

I noticed this also. But when changing from charging to non-charging, the brightness control responds by dimming but goes into "dumb" mode. Yes it darkens when unplugging, but it no longer responds to light changes. Go outside, and it stays dim.

To fix, I have to go to the settings\display\brightness\auto brightness and un-check and then re-check the box. It continues to respond to light changes until I charge and then remove from charger again. It then goes to the very dark mode even though auto brightness is still checked. Un-check and re-check and auto brightness now works.

Definitely a very frustrating code bug. It should dim when unplugging but still be responsive to a range of lighting conditions while unplugged, as it does after un-checking and re-checking.

Scadaboy

Reaction score
Some Insight Perhaps?

My brightness level does not resort to a dim, non-responsive mode if I:
Settings\Battery Manager\Battery Mode, and select a mode other than the "Maximum Battery Saver" I had selected. Seems logical that maximum battery saver would operate that way... come to think about it...:p