Week-long Droid owner

MrBaz

Reaction score
I've been a new member for a little while now. This forum is extremely helpful.

I remember my first cell phone back when they were all bricks and you either had a Motorola or a Nokia.
I've tried out a few smartphones along the way:
MPx220
Cingular 2125
Cingular 8125 (Played with this one extensively, but wasn't impressed. I just stayed with my 2125)
Sprint Treo 700p (Had lots of issues with it. First one I actually brought back)
Original Storm (biggest disappointment EVER - returned it within a week)
Finally the Droid

I've also had plenty of experience with nearly every one of the first few generations of pocket PCs.

The Droid is a breath of fresh air. It is extremely advanced. I love the Market and how there are updates nearly every other day for at least one application I have. I can do so much with my Droid.

I am very pleased. The only thing that could make it better would be if Verizon would lower some of their operating costs like Sprint and T-Mobile have.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The only thing that could make it better would be if Verizon would lower some of their operating costs like Sprint and T-Mobile have.
Sorry to say - but don't hold your breath. VZW is profitable, Sprint and T-M are fighting to stay alive and still not working.

Glad you enjoy the Droid. My first phone was a bag phone in 1993.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
What is a bag phone? -.-

Motorolabagbig.jpg

I had one of these Babys!!!!

boatman2220

Reaction score
I went ahead and had mine permanently installed in my 92GT Mustang. Remember this was when you left your home area you were charged roaming, access fees, long distance. Well after a $145.00 phone call. I learned exactly where my area was. LOL

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I went ahead and had mine permanently installed in my 92GT Mustang. Remember this was when you left your home area you were charged roaming, access fees, long distance. Well after a $145.00 phone call. I learned exactly where my area was. LOL
If I'm not mistaken I had a plan that gave me 30 minutes for like $60 per month, and a few hours on weekends. Within the state and over like 40 miles away you'd be roaming and it did get very expensive. It's amazing how the times have changed. I chuckle when I read about things like "I liked the Droid but it was too heavy, so I returned it"....I really did read that. If they only knew about what our first phones were! Thanks for the blast from the past.

boatman2220

Reaction score
I could go almost 200 miles to the east, 100 miles north or south, 55 miles west. Guess where I placed that call? LOL