wedding ring shopping

Silver Member
Reaction score
sam, congrats.

i went with tungsten myself. it's heavy, so you know you have it on, and strong, and cheap. my ring was like $250. something something, somebody got jipped... lol

DSC_9754.jpg

OP
Sam

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
looks like I'm leaning toward a titanium one now.. she doesn't like he idea of my ring not being a "precious metal"..

the one i currently like is made in the same fashion that japanese swords were made, folded steel. though in this case it us titanium.
R484T.jpeg

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I like........

OP
Sam

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
do any of you guys have a ring with a concave shape like that? I'm wondering how you like it.. I've never even tried one on.

lockman

Reaction score
do any of you guys have a ring with a concave shape like that? I'm wondering how you like it.. I've never even tried one on.

I don't think the outside shape would matter- the inside appears to be comfort fit, which is what my rings are.

Silver Member
Reaction score
looks like I'm leaning toward a titanium one now.. she doesn't like he idea of my ring not being a "precious metal"..

the one i currently like is made in the same fashion that japanese swords were made, folded steel. though in this case it us titanium.
R484T.jpeg
have you tried any of these on for yourself? i wouldn't recommend making a decision until you've actually put one on your finger.

Big Cam

Reaction score
My wedding ring is tungsten carbide. It gives it a really dark silver/brushed color.

R484T.jpeg
have you tried any of these on for yourself? i wouldn't recommend making a decision until you've actually put one on your finger.
Agreed, you must try it on first.

OP
Sam

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, after four months of trying on a whole bunch of rings in a billion shapes and sizes, I've finally settled on a design. It is 12mm wide and solid titanium. Comfort fit and flat profile means I'll likely not notice it, and the sandblasted outside finish should be really durable. Its funny going back and reading this thread.. It looks like I "decided" on about twelve different rings.. lol. ;) Anyway, thanks to all for the advice and congrats thus far! Let me know what you think of this one!

il_fullxfull.143432179.jpg

iamthewalrus

Reaction score
First of all, congrats! I'm taking the leap in october, and I'm going through the same thing right now picking out my ring. We seem to have similar tastes. I really like the dark carbon one. But the one you ultimately decided on is pretty awesome too. Gave me some more ideas, thanks.
Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

CrimsonTide55

Reaction score
Tungsten Carbide rings look good and are indestructible. Scratch proof, rust proof, tarnish proof etc.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
Only had my tungsten band for 5 months now but this thing does not scratch! Very pleased with how it still looks brand new today

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums