wedding ring shopping

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
if its not to late check out West Coast Jewelry ask for Allan tell him Flomaster sent you, maybe you will get a discount.

I am currently rocking this tungsten ring on my wedding finger

Beveled-Edge Black Plated Grooved Tungsten Carbide Ring (7.0mm) - Sizes 8 - 13 | West Coast Jewelry

41FJ0Ja0uML._SL275_.jpg

-=Jason=-

OP
Sam

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
jason I really like that one. i like the knife edge on metal rings. and while i realize I'm the minority in this, i don't prefer a stripe on a metal ring, but I do really like the shape of yours.

ps: cm. after showing all these rings to family and friends, as well as the fiancee, I think i will end up with the one from the first post. I like the pattern better, as opposed to the diagonal, and I'm rough on jewelery so the thicker band is probably a good idea.

OP
Sam

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry.. I just realized that the ring in the original post is not the one I am talking about.. from the same company:
originalpolishsmall.jpg

And a picture of the same ring (the bigger one) in an unpolished finish:
endureboth.jpg

THAT one..

OP
Sam

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Note that's not a black and silver carbon, its just that barbon fiber has reflective qualities when polished or coated.. Do you guys like the shiny or matte finish better? I'm leaning toward the matte finish I think..

OP
Sam

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is a matching ring for her engagement ring, so hers will end up looking something like this: (not the exact set, but very similar)
41016481_DR_M.jpeg

bamfsig45

Reaction score
What do you do for a living Sam? Sorry if I missed it somewhere. That could make a huge difference in what you decide to get. I had a Tungston with an inlay of sterling silver with 1/4 ct diamonds and I traded/returned it for something else because the sterling silver inlay wasnt durable enough and got scared up badly.

Also, if you can try to find a similar ring local and try it on. I order one through mail and when I got it, it wasnt what I expected. The online photo was deceiving.

OP
Sam

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Finishing up school right now (working at starbucks ;)) and then teaching. Its not the profession that is hard on a ring for me, its my hobbies. I work in cars, longboard, etc and rings take a beating. That's why I'm leaning toward the matte finish right now...

bamfsig45

Reaction score
Finishing up school right now (working at starbucks ;)) and then teaching. Its not the profession that is hard on a ring for me, its my hobbies. I work in cars, longboard, etc and rings take a beating. That's why I'm leaning toward the matte finish right now...

Yea Im completely unaware of the durability of that ring you have picked out. So good luck to you and your new/futureWife.

OP
Sam

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Yea Im completely unaware of the durability of that ring you have picked out. So good luck to you and your new/futureWife.

thanks! we are excited ;)

OP
Sam

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
downloadfile-2.jpeg

The different finishes. The manufacturer just emailed this to me. Its from a show, but is a good representation of the two finishes together and under the same light. Ignore the unidirectional carbon, I have no interest in that..

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I work in cars, longboard, etc and rings take a beating. That's why I'm leaning toward the matte finish right now...

That's why they are removable ;)

OP
Sam

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I work in cars, longboard, etc and rings take a beating. That's why I'm leaning toward the matte finish right now...

true that.. i have a feeling that i'm only going to wear mine around her and when i'm just out and about ;) most everything i do is hands-on, therefore hazardous to jewelery..

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

true that.. i have a feeling that i'm only going to wear mine around her and when i'm just out and about ;) most everything i do is hands-on, therefore hazardous to jewelery..

Good Luck, Took Wife 2.0 about 3 years to grasp the concept that it does need to come off for certain activities...

OP
Sam

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Good Luck, Took Wife 2.0 about 3 years to grasp the concept that it does need to come off for certain activities...

oh she already knows the score. listen, if she can get free drinks when she goes out with her friends, i fully expect her to take hers off, that saves me money too ya know.. ;)

j/k.. but yeah, she already knows i'm going to take it off for some things.