wedding ring shopping

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
EDIT: Current see post #56

for me, not the fiancee.. ("Sam" = "Samuel" not "Samantha", for the record)

looking for something dark... titanium? tungsten? damascus?

currently digging on this one:
originalpolish45small.jpg

i think i like carbon. any other ideas?

Last edited:

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't really have any ideas....but Congratulations!!! :yr1::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

But I really like that ring.....looks really cool cause I love black anyways and that would be what mine would look like one day

lockman

Reaction score
I wear gold, stainless, or titanium, depending on the watch I'm wearing. Personally I like the titanium, but the Carbon is really cool.

OP
Sam

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lockman: makes sense that i like that one then.. the only watch i wear really is a leather one with a black band and face, silver bezel and green accents. i have a bunch of [much more expensive than he aforementioned leather one] watches that i don't wear much, but i prefer the dark ones.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
You should do a Google commercial, "Advice on Carbon Fiber Wedding Ring" LoL!! Congrats :icon_ banana:

I like the Carbon Fiber but personally I think it' a bit dark for a wedding ring, but hey it's your ring so ultimately go with what you like and what your fiancee will accept :)

OP
Sam

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
found a few more here: Blink Gallery

thick_ring.jpg

my-wedding-ring.jpg

i think i like the ones that are solid carbon over the ones that are carbon inlays.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Congratulations! Carbon fiber ring?! I like it. Very unique! I think I'd prefer the carbon/metal, just because its got just a hint of metallic shine, but that's just my opinion, and either way you go, you're my hero if you wear a carbon fiber wedding band! Run-on sentences be damned! Haha!

jdx

Reaction score
Congrats. I usually don't like rings, but these really look cool.

Slighter

Reaction score
Solid carbon - you know it's right. The first one you liked, trust me it's a gut thing.

OP
Sam

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! Carbon fiber ring?! I like it. Very unique! I think I'd prefer the carbon/metal, just because its got just a hint of metallic shine, but that's just my opinion, and either way you go, you're my hero if you wear a carbon fiber wedding band! Run-on sentences be damned! Haha!

to hell with the run-on sentences! ;) thanks for the congrats.. i'm looking forward to getting a ball and cha.. err.. ring.

did you know that, in spanish, the word for "wife" and "handcuffs" are only different in that the word for "handcuffs" is plural?

la esposa = wife
las esposas = handcuffs

point.

OP
Sam

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Found some that are black ceramic. Space shuttle tile ceramic and body armor ceramic, not toilet ceramic... do you guys think solid black is inappropriate for a wedding ring? Should I stick with something like carbon or titanium?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Found some that are black ceramic. Space shuttle tile ceramic and body armor ceramic, not toilet ceramic... do you guys think solid black is inappropriate for a wedding ring? Should I stick with something like carbon or titanium?

I don't think there's anything wrong with it personally...Not sure what the general public thinks, but like someone said, it's YOUR wedding and YOUR ring, so get what you want as long as the wife is ok with it!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Congrats....But RUN....:D

Mine is from Tiffany & Co - Sterling Silver with a Titanium insert w/8 Hex heads.... No longer available...