Webtop stopped working

bclipscomb

Reaction score
I am using an HD Dock and I hooked up my Razr about a week ago and played with the Webtop and everything work perfectly. I tried again this morning and the webtop will not work. I can still use the mirror and view my gallery, but when I choose webtop the screen on my phone goes blank. The information on the tv is correct, but with the screen on the phone going off I can not perform any of the functions. When I press the wake button the display on the tv goes off and the phone comes back to the lock screen. Any ideas? I have tried to reboot the phone a few time and still no luck. Any help is greatly appreciated.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I am using an HD Dock and I hooked up my Razr about a week ago and played with the Webtop and everything work perfectly. I tried again this morning and the webtop will not work. I can still use the mirror and view my gallery, but when I choose webtop the screen on my phone goes blank. The information on the tv is correct, but with the screen on the phone going off I can not perform any of the functions. When I press the wake button the display on the tv goes off and the phone comes back to the lock screen. Any ideas? I have tried to reboot the phone a few time and still no luck. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Have you installed any new applications since it worked previously? Might I suggest you try something? Please go to http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-support/200128-accessing-safe-mode-your-razr.html and boot your phone into Safe mode, then try the Webtop again. If it works, there's likely a user-installed app that's causing the problem. If not, you may have another type of failure. Please report back with your findings.

Good luck! ;)

OP
B

bclipscomb

Reaction score
I tried starting in safe mode and it was doing the same thing. I spoke with verizon last night and they said it was a know issue. Not sure if I believe them, I usually see this type of thing on the forums before I call them. They told me that they would check with Motorola. I will let you know how that goes.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Ok, clearly it's not user related so that's good. Perhaps there's an update that will fix it, but considering it worked before, I might have pushed a little harder.

Good luck.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Last edited: