Webtop on ICS

Discussion in 'Droid 4 Hacks' started by Garlick, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Garlick

Garlick New Member

Alright, so I'm looking at the lapdock that I bought recently for cheap, and getting a bit tired of not being able to use it while Moto delays the 'official' ICS push to our phone.

I found a de-odexed version of the ICS leak on the droidrzr forum, and with our phones being so similar, was thinking, if I pulled the .apk's for all the dock components, would it work to install all of these, and have a working webtop 3.0 on the AOSP ICS ROM for the D4??

If it's not that simple, can someone help me understand what we're missing?? Is it a build.prop setting that needs to be adjusted??

I probably need to brush up on Java and Android to help with this....but it's worth asking.
  2. tdpolo26

tdpolo26 New Member

love to hear if you can get it working
  3. Garlick

Garlick New Member

OK, just to update, I tried the install, and it didn't work. Didn't brick my phone, or do any damage to my ICS install, it just didn't install.

I now know that PortalApp.apk is the key, so I'm going to take a look at that from a code standpoint and see what I can figure out....probably not much, but I have nothing better to do with my time these days.
Search tags for this page
droid 4 webtop
mb 865 webtop 3.0 apk
motorola webtop apk
webtop 2.0 apk droid 4

webtop 3.0 apk

webtop 3.0 apk download

webtop apk

webtop apk download for d2g
webtop.apk modded motorola