Webtop Hack implications

todroid

Reaction score
Now that the webtop hack works well for the Razr (did it myself last night), I really don't see the need for the standard dock anymore, as it has exactly the same output ports as the phone itself. Are you returning yours?
Also, has anyone tried the new Motorola keyboard with trackpad? I don't see it anywhere else other than Motorola site. The few hands-on reviews have been positive, so I'm looking forward to it.

dmisc

Reaction score
I have the keyboard with trackpad. So far I am liking it. However, the trackpad is a little sticky and hard to control/maneuver. I have not found a way to configure the trackpad yet. I would like to configure its sensitivity, speed, etc. The keyboard in nice and compact and can easily lay on my lap about 10-15 feet away from my Razr...which is docked on the standard HD dock. I will not be returning the dock because I got it through Costco's rebates/accessories kit. Plus I like placing my phone on there and using my alarm dock ui.

I purchased the keyboard from a VZN corporate store for $100. I believe, the last time I checked, it was $75 at Motorola's store, and I think with free shipping.

eric.scheman

Reaction score
Now that the webtop hack works well for the Razr (did it myself last night), I really don't see the need for the standard dock anymore, as it has exactly the same output ports as the phone itself. Are you returning yours?
Also, has anyone tried the new Motorola keyboard with trackpad? I don't see it anywhere else other than Motorola site. The few hands-on reviews have been positive, so I'm looking forward to it.

When I wipe the cache does that clear my phone? Basically, will I have to re-setup my phone (screens, Widgets,...) when I'm done?

OP
T

todroid

Reaction score
When I wipe the cache does that clear my phone? Basically, will I have to re-setup my phone (screens, Widgets,...) when I'm done?

Nope. Nothing on your phone will be erased. No data is wiped, just cache. Everything will stay the same.
Btw, for those who do the hack, it works well. But, reboot the phone after using the webtop, otherwise the remaining processes in the background will eat your battery alive. Just a tip.

eric.scheman

Reaction score
I found the Nebtop app and used that and it works nicely and looks really good on my tv. Would it make a difference if i did the hack this wasy or just used the app thats on xda forums? As far as quality or more features/ settings?

davoIII

Reaction score

What is this Web top hack u speek of

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

RAZRblade

Reaction score
I have the keyboard with trackpad. So far I am liking it. However, the trackpad is a little sticky and hard to control/maneuver. I have not found a way to configure the trackpad yet. I would like to configure its sensitivity, speed, etc.

I think the mouse/ keyboard settings are in the upper right corner of the webtop. Just found out the settings are up there the other night.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OP
T

todroid

Reaction score
I think the mouse/ keyboard settings are in the upper right corner of the webtop. Just found out the settings are up there the other night.

Thanks a lot RAZRblade, glad to know there are settings. May order that keyboard now. Do you like it?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

RAZRblade

Reaction score
Don't have it. I want to look around a bit and see if I can find a smaller one.. there's a foldable one but I didn't look into it at all. If I get the hd station I may get a usb in. Already have a usb mouse, but I don't know how well zooming and scrolling would work

davoIII

Reaction score
blue tooth works btw, the motorola branded keyboard's shortcuts actually work, the only issue im getting is the keyboard occasionally disconnect its self @ the most random times. Any1 else know if this is common, any1 else using a blue tooth keyboard & get this issue?