Webtop 3.0 Problems after ICS update

Smile_Ppl

Reaction score
:frown: A friend of mine has the Droid Razr and he got the ICS update today and when he tried to go into Webtop mode, the phone crashed and a message popped up saying, "Unfortunately, System UI has stopped." Anybody else having this problem?

TechnoHippie

Reaction score
:frown: A friend of mine has the Droid Razr and he got the ICS update today and when he tried to go into Webtop mode, the phone crashed and a message popped up saying, "Unfortunately, System UI has stopped." Anybody else having this problem?

I read somewhere that using a different launcher can fix that problem - might give that a shot.

cbos6784

Reaction score

Yes mine says unfortunately desktop can't be viewed .Then when I disconnect Lapdock same message is on phone .Phone crashes and requires cold reboot .

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not that it helps right at the moment, but the first couple of Bionic leaks had the same issue - but with the past couple of leaks have fixed it. I suspect that the next RAZR update will include the fix (which I believe was simply a matter of adding 1366x768 resolution support to the stock launcher)

kijutsu

Reaction score

Factory reset the phone. Mine too was failing miserably on webtop immediately after the update. Same error... I factory reset the phone and reinstalled my apps and everything was hunky dory again. I suspect there was some leftover crap in the /data partition or the /cache partition causing the System UI to dump out for some dumb reason.