Websites to get used phones for CHEAP?

KwlAznKid

Reaction score
My droid1 is nearing the end of its life and i don't have a renewal for 2 months! I need an adroid phone to last me these last 2 months, i'm not looking for anything nice, used cheap, just android phone, i would be fine with another old beat up droid1. does anyone know websites that sell cheap used phones? I'm looking on ebay and craigslist already but not much luck.

Thanks,
Jon

Bullitt6996

Reaction score
I would stay away from ebay/craigslist for that anyways. Who knows what kind of phone you'd even get, if you use amazon, I'd check that. Or check with your local computer repair shop, usually they're in tune with that kind of site. However, I would recomend now as a good time to root your device, its quite easy for a D1 and there are many different ROMs for it, you'll feel as if you've gotten a new phone! If you would really like to get something else though, I've found that the best way is to check with friends, see if anyone wants to trade you what they've got, or maybe someone in their family has upgraded recently and there's an extra device laying around their pad. Good luck dude.dancedroid

Last edited:
OP
K

KwlAznKid

Reaction score
I would stay away from ebay/craigslist for that anyways. I would recomend now as a good time to root your device, its quite easy for a D1 and there are many different ROMs for it, you'll feel as if you've gotten a new phone! If you would really like to get something else though, I've found that the best way is to check with friends, see if anyone wants to trade you what they've got, or maybe someone in their family has upgraded recently and there's an extra device laying around their pad. Good luck dude.

thanks for the advice! i forgot to clarify, half my touchscreen doesn't work! haha so unless rooting will fix that (will it?) i would need a new device actually.

Bullitt6996

Reaction score
Hmm...yep, that won't fix a screen, lol. Here's my advice: If you have insurance, factory reset, erase everything, take sd card out. Go to burger king, order one (1) whopper value meal, sit down, place phone on table, eat whoppery deliciousness, leave...(without phone) Oops! better call asurion, lol.

If you don't have insurance, call friends, family, or coworkers with situation. Someone in this circle who would normally say no, may be inclined to help as your device is having severe problems.

Have you checked into getting it fixed?

OP
K

KwlAznKid

Reaction score
Hmm...yep, that won't fix a screen, lol. Here's my advice: If you have insurance, factory reset, erase everything, take sd card out. Go to burger king, order one (1) whopper value meal, sit down, place phone on table, eat whoppery deliciousness, leave...(without phone) Oops! better call asurion, lol.

If you don't have insurance, call friends, family, or coworkers with situation. Someone in this circle who would normally say no, may be inclined to help as your device is having severe problems.

Have you checked into getting it fixed?

LOL! nope, don't have insurance either :( this is a 4 yr old (almost) phone, someone in my family share plan stole my upgrade. haven't really thought about getting it fixed since i see used ones on ebay going for like $30 and i figured a fix would cost more than that. but then again i am a phone n00b lol

Bullitt6996

Reaction score
I feel bad for ya dude. You oughtta punch that family member for trolling your upgrade. I think either this forum or android central may have a classifieds for sale/wanted section, you may have better luck looking around on one of the forums.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
My droid1 is nearing the end of its life and i don't have a renewal for 2 months! I need an adroid phone to last me these last 2 months, i'm not looking for anything nice, used cheap, just android phone, i would be fine with another old beat up droid1. does anyone know websites that sell cheap used phones? I'm looking on ebay and craigslist already but not much luck.

Thanks,
Jon

Swappa (Android) Buy and sell gently used Android devices

I've bought a few from there. You can look at all the available devices for Verizon and buy based on what you are willing to spend ($50 for Droid's to $300+ for Droid Razrs' and more, etc..)