Website format

jvcalandra

Reaction score
I recently received an insurance replacement for my Droid Pro which was lost. My old phone formated all websites (most notably Wikipedia) perfectly for the phone. The replacement only seems to format some pages. Wikipedia is viewed as it would be on a PC, which makes the article difficult to read. Any help out there?

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

OP
jvcalandra

jvcalandra

Reaction score
Stock phone browser. Same as before. I noticed that if I manually enter the Mobile address in the address bar, it will take me to the mobile site. I can then search all I want while on the site and each page is correctly formatted. But if I do a google search and follow a link to wikipedia, that link will still only open up in standard PC web view, even though according to wikipedia's help page, all pages looked up on android phones (as well as phonies and certain other smartphones/tablets) should automatically redirect to the mobile site

By the way, I also noticed that this issue seems to be solely related to wikipedia's site, not multiple sites as I thought before.

OP
jvcalandra

jvcalandra

Reaction score
"Phonies" should have been" I-Phones" smartype is prejudiced.

google123

Reaction score
open the browser, type in "about:debug" into the address bar. Then, menu>more>settings, scroll down to UAString and select "Android"

Slow88lx

Reaction score
Disable mobile sites altogether?

I bought this awesome phone with it's 4.3" screen, 800 pixel width and flash capabilities so I could view websites in their full glory. Some sites let you choose the full versions, but others don't. I'm also tired of not being redirected to the page I was viewing when I switch to the full site. Is there any way to completely disable mobile sites?

I would be thrilled to never see one again.

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
Set your user agent to desktop. Not sure if/how it can be done on stock browser; I use dolphin HD and its in settings. Restart browser after change and no more mobile sites :)

Sent from my LIBERATED Droid X using DroidForums app

guest00459

Reaction score
Hmm...Ill need to try this! Its really only a real pain when some sites (**cough** gizmodo...) don't even offer a link to the full site from their mobile!

B

Slow88lx

Reaction score
My thread was about disabiling mobile sites, why did it get merged with a thread about the exact opposite request?

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
My thread was about disabiling mobile sites, why did it get merged with a thread about the exact opposite request?

Lol no clue :) Although they are both about mobile sites...
Edit: looks like google123 has the solution for the stock browser

guest00459

Reaction score
@slow88lx
Sometimes tapatalk only shows the few most recent posts, as is in my case. I didn't even see the OP until your reply. Forgive the extraneous contribution.

B

BodyBagz

Reaction score

mods arent smart here.
Or...the Mods here are intelligent enough to know that the solution to the OP`s problem, is also the solution to the other question as well.

If using the stock browser, typing "about:debug" and following the rest of the commands, will get you to the point where you can select the User Agent as Android, iPhone or Desktop depending on whether you want to use mobile sites (Android/iPhone) or full websites(Desktop).

No sense really in letting the 2 threads hang out as separate when the solution is the same...its called "killing 2 birds with 1 stone".:)

Slow88lx

Reaction score

mods arent smart here.
Or...the Mods here are intelligent enough to know that the solution to the OP`s problem, is also the solution to the other question as well.

If using the stock browser, typing "about:debug" and following the rest of the commands, will get you to the point where you can select the User Agent as Android, iPhone or Desktop depending on whether you want to use mobile sites (Android/iPhone) or full websites(Desktop).

No sense really in letting the 2 threads hang out as separate when the solution is the same...its called "killing 2 birds with 1 stone".:)
Correct. I did figure out the solution was there. Thank you to whoever steered me to the solution.

qman66

Reaction score
Set your user agent to desktop. Not sure if/how it can be done on stock browser; I use dolphin HD and its in settings. Restart browser after change and no more mobile sites :)

i tried this and it doesnt work. i hate mobile sites as well.