web link errors

Discussion in 'HTC One (M8)' started by RuLEoF2, Jul 3, 2016.

  1. RuLEoF2

    RuLEoF2 Member

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2010
    Messages:
    74
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    8
    Location:
    Baltimore, MD
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

    I keep getting this error message on some links.


    "Webpage not available

    The webpage at.... could not be loaded because:

    net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME"


    In the past, its always done it on any kind of ad link resulting from a Google search. Example: search for HTC One M8 case and you get results from a million retailers and always a string across the top with "Ad" in font of the link. I always get the error message when selecting one of these.

    Recently, it starting doing it with links in emails and in Facebook. I do or did have an ad blocker and I've tried uninstalling it but it still does it.

    I'm on android 4.4.4 and running ViperOne 3.2.1

    Any theories or suggestions?

    Thanks.
     
  2. CJM

    CJM Super Moderator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2010
    Messages:
    10,593
    Likes Received:
    1,668
    Trophy Points:
    558
    Location:
    Mississippi Gulf Coast
    Ratings:
    +1,810
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6
    Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/Corey
  3. RuLEoF2

    RuLEoF2 Member

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2010
    Messages:
    74
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    8
    Location:
    Baltimore, MD
    Ratings:
    +1
  4. CJM

    CJM Super Moderator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2010
    Messages:
    10,593
    Likes Received:
    1,668
    Trophy Points:
    558
    Location:
    Mississippi Gulf Coast
    Ratings:
    +1,810
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6
    Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/Corey
  5. Miller6386

    Miller6386 Developer
    Developer

    Joined:
    Oct 22, 2011
    Messages:
    2,280
    Likes Received:
    1,589
    Trophy Points:
    1,363
    Location:
    Beer Tent Capital of The World
    Ratings:
    +1,734
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 4
    Twitter:
    CoreyFMiller
    Most likely there were cob webs left behind from the ad blocker. Trying clearing cache for your browser and see if that helps. If not you may have to clear data. What ad blocker was it?

    Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk
     
  6. RuLEoF2

    RuLEoF2 Member

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2010
    Messages:
    74
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    8
    Location:
    Baltimore, MD
    Ratings:
    +1
    Try this...

    http://www.googleadservices.com/pag...M%20-%20HTC%20-%20PS%20-%20Phone%20-%20B&Ps=1

    I searched for "HTC One M8 case" and this was at the top and I got the error with that one but the one below it, which had "AD" in front of it, did not get the error.
     
  7. CJM

    CJM Super Moderator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2010
    Messages:
    10,593
    Likes Received:
    1,668
    Trophy Points:
    558
    Location:
    Mississippi Gulf Coast
    Ratings:
    +1,810
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6
    Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/Corey
    1st & 2nd attempt on 4.4.2
    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    Then on 6.0.1
    [​IMG]

    My son ran off with my 5.0 phone. But I'd be willing to bet that it'll work on it. I'm thinking it's you version of Android & something to do with webview

    Tapped from a Nexus 6
     
  8. RuLEoF2

    RuLEoF2 Member

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2010
    Messages:
    74
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    8
    Location:
    Baltimore, MD
    Ratings:
    +1
    It was AdFree.