WeatherBug and 2.2

jpw173

Reaction score
Just a quick question.

After I finished the update, even after I use the Advanced Task Killer to stop Weather Bug, it will not go away.

Is anyone else experiencing this, or is it part of the new OS?

Thanks!

EbE404

Reaction score
Just a quick question.

After I finished the update, even after I use the Advanced Task Killer to stop Weather Bug, it will not go away.

Is anyone else experiencing this, or is it part of the new OS?

Thanks!

Perhaps it hasn't been updated for 2.2 and is showing some odd behavior. Odd that a Task killer won't take it out though.

Not that this is a solution, but I personally prefer the Weather Channel app, and that has been solid under 2.2. Might be an option if you can't get Weatherbug to behave.

harrellj

Reaction score
One thing to try (painful as it is), is to uninstall/reinstall. Maybe something went goofy with the update.

OP
J

jpw173

Reaction score
One thing to try (painful as it is), is to uninstall/reinstall. Maybe something went goofy with the update.

I was thinking the same thing.

I will also try the Weather Channel app, if WeatherBug does not behave.

EbE404

Reaction score

I was thinking the same thing.

I will also try the Weather Channel app, if WeatherBug does not behave.

Good plan, let us know how it goes.

I hate it when somebody asks a questions about an app and somebody else pops up with a suggestion to use something else (like I just did), but having a plan-b can be helpful.

The main reason I like the Weather Channel app is the radar is a bit better, and I'm in a part of the country where that can really come in handy.

Crispy

Reaction score
On a side note, I've heard (from people smarter than me) that the new download doesn't like "Taskkiller", but you can end programs through Settings/applications. You can even create a shortcut to "running services"

REMilk

Reaction score
Weatherbug has been working well for me since I installed it last November. I am currently on 2.2 (stock) and I am experiencing no problems.

nod2mybeats

Reaction score
Exact same problem here. It's painfully annoying.

ETA:
Wasn't much of a fuss, but to no avail. The problem is still there. The issue isn't killing the process, ATK DOES do that. The problem is that even when killed, the prompt stays in the notification panel irremovably as the temperatures and conditions that were present when it was killed. :icon_cussing:

nod2mybeats

Reaction score
dancedroidPROBLEM FIXED!dancedroid

Simply force close Weatherbug in Manage applications and the notification ATK leaves behind goes away. I'm currently running a test on my droid- I'm skeptical as to whether or not the OCD inducing Advanced Task Killer is even necessary so I'm going to find out for myself.

VolDroid

Reaction score
why not go into weatherbug settings and turn off the temperature notification. That's what I do since i have beautiful widgets for my temperature and weather. I only use Weatherbug for the radar and occasional alerts.