Weather

bh8690

Reaction score
any opinion Weather Bug versus Weather Channel...most concerned about stability of Droid. are they both heavy in adware? do they both run constantly in background...affect sleeping of device?

ice456789

Reaction score
I used Weather Bug for the last month, just uninstalled it. I didn't notice any issues with battery use or network use. What frustrated me is that for the last 4 days instead of showing the weather graphic (clouds for cloudy, rain for rain, etc) it has shown the red warning triangle. Why? Because somewhere in the county 50 miles to the North of me there's a forest that has a red flag warning. That made the widget worthless to me.

outwest

Reaction score
I use Accuweather and have for the last year on my Blackberry and now on the Droid. I am very happy with it.

jltung

Reaction score
I think weatherbug is a lot more gimmicky, but interesting.

I think the weather channel is more straight forward and

I like how it can tell the weather in a particular city/area.

raven1911

Reaction score
I used Weather Bug for the last month, just uninstalled it. I didn't notice any issues with battery use or network use. What frustrated me is that for the last 4 days instead of showing the weather graphic (clouds for cloudy, rain for rain, etc) it has shown the red warning triangle. Why? Because somewhere in the county 50 miles to the North of me there's a forest that has a red flag warning. That made the widget worthless to me.

You can disable the red triangle warning system. Just thought I would let you know. I have been using WeatherBug and have had no problems with it whatsoever. I didn't like Weather Channel, it has a different layout (if you will) and I didn't like it.

ice456789

Reaction score

You can disable the red triangle warning system. Just thought I would let you know. I have been using WeatherBug and have had no problems with it whatsoever. I didn't like Weather Channel, it has a different layout (if you will) and I didn't like it.
Believe me, I've tried. I went into the settings and disabled everything regarding the warning and alerts system. But all that affects is your notifications bar. It has no effect on the widget.

sterdroids

Reaction score
Haha I feel the same about the weather channel same red stupid "!" that I cannot get rid of. Does anyone know how to manage the settings in weather channel app? I only get one setting that I can change and its measurement thats it ??

thanks

biteme

Reaction score
I use Imap and my weather mobile and both work quite well.

mike62

Reaction score
How do I change the default city?

I put the Weather Channel on my Droid and picked two cities, where I live and where I work (about 15 miles part). It defaults to the city where I work but I want the default where I live. Since it is new I have only checked it at work is that because of the GPS it is defaulting to where I work due to when I am checking it?

I really prefer for it to show my home location ALL the time and then let me pick other cities on an individual basis is this possible I did not see an option to change it.

Thank you.

jbr13

Reaction score
Mike, You can set which ever place you want as your "Home" or default location by long pressing location you want to set.

mike62

Reaction score
Mike, You can set which ever place you want as your "Home" or default location by long pressing location you want to set.

So simple I had not discovered that thank you. However, it did not change?

It allowed me to long press and set the city I wish AND shows a marker that it is the set city but when I look at the icon it still shows the city where I work on my home page as the default city.

I even went in and deleted that city, back to home page, and it was still there. Even funnier when I went back into "ADD NEW" the city I deleted was there again?

Any ideas?

altacool

Reaction score
I think you can set the default city when you first set up the application. I seem to remember this option when I first set it up and I actually set it so that it only showed my "home" city. So put the widget in the trash and then add the widget again and see if you don't get that option.