Weather Widgets Donate vs. Beautiful Widgets

Discussion in 'Android Applications Discussions' started by Lars1, Dec 11, 2009.

1. 928Droid

928Droid Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Why not just get The Weather Channel app, it has the 1x1 Widget(plus a larger one) with the details you want and when you press it it goes the the Weather Channel app which is the same weather info and forcast that the New and Weather app has (both use Weather Channel).

2. tvBilly

tvBilly New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't care at all for the Weather Channel widget icon (blechh), and I much prefer the Google News & Weather application, even though it uses the same data.

So I ask my (still unanswered question): Does WWDonate support launching another application when you click on its widget?
    Does BW support this function (and a 1x1 icon)?

3. whoster69

whoster69 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Still no sign of Beautiful Weather in the Android Marketplace. Please post here if someone sees it or knows when it is available again.

Thanks.

Whoster

4. blowdryl

blowdryl New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    WWDonate does all this, you can choose widget size. (Sounds like the one you want is called "Tiny"). you can also link it to other programs. I link to weather bug for more detailed forecasts and satellite imaging etc.

5. whoster69

whoster69 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can it be linked to Weather Forecast Widget Donate?

6. whoster69

whoster69 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I hunted around and found some more news on this story...

It seems HTC has asked to review the new code for the revised Beautiful Widgets. That is why it was pulled from the market a second time. Hopefully it will be back soon. I would think if HTC takes too long to inspect the new code, he would have a claim of damages since they have kept this off the market, especially around Christmas. ;)

Anyway, here is a link to a thread that explains it in more detail. Hope this helps better inform people. Beautiful Widgets - Android Central Forums

7. tvBilly

tvBilly New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    :D Thank You ! :D

I downloaded the donate version, and when it didn't give me any option to link to another weather program, I figured out that you had to also download the (free, only works with the donate version) "Forecast Addon". Everything is wonderful now! Nice small (1x1) icon on my home folder that tells me the current temp and "state" of the weather (clear, rain, sun, etc). One tap and I get a nice large animated popup, one more tap and I'm in my preferred weather application. Exactly what I wanted, so thank you again. Oh, and though I've only played with it for an hour, everything appears to work fine on my (2.0.1 rooted) Droid. It's not long enough for me to tell if the location and weather are updating properly.

I've been playing with skins, which leads me to one more question... How do I revert back to the stock icons after I've loaded a skin?

Billy

8. rocketshipready

rocketshipready New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Quick question on the Forecast Addon for WWDonate. Whenever I click on the WWDonate main widget, it loads the Forecast like it should, but it also brings up the WWDonate settings in the background. Its obviously not a huge issue, but it's kind of annoying. Anyone know what's going on? I'm loving the widget otherwise, so it'd be nice to get this fixed

9. Aluminum21

Aluminum21 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If I change the skin in donate from the default version can I change back to it

10. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +0
    Does Weather Widget still have issues keeping the time up to date? or updating in general? or has this pretty much been ironed out?

11. whoster69

whoster69 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've had none of these problems. I just installed it about 5 days ago though.

12. kwood

kwood Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It looks as tho everything has been ironed out with the time and date problem,

P.S. if anyone didnt realize you can set it to when you want the widget to display night or day icons, just select what time the sun comes up and goes down in your part of the country, kind of mundane but i didnt figure it out for a while and i noticed some people commented on it in the market as being a problem....

My two cents anyway

Search tags for this page
beautiful widgets ftw
weather widget - donate

weather widget donate

weather widget donate android