Weather Widget

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Have you cleared the cache and data or changed any settings within the widget? I don't own a Motorola anymore so I'm just going over the basic things.

Sent from my vzw Galaxy Note 2

turbodave

Reaction score
Have you checked the weather widget's settings, and made sure that "current location" is turned on?

Ayyrock

Reaction score
Have you cleared the cache and data or changed any settings within the widget? I don't own a Motorola anymore so I'm just going over the basic things.

Sent from my vzw Galaxy Note 2

No not that I recall. I've cleared the cache in other apps but not the weather one. And just for the heck of it I deleted the widget and put in a new one to see if that would help but still nothing.

Ayyrock

Reaction score
Have you checked the weather widget's settings, and made sure that "current location" is turned on?

Sorry didn't see your reply. But yeah I've also checked and it says it's on. It literally just stopped working on its own one day and stopped naming specific cities. Now it just says Los Angeles for any part of the valley I'm in.

KaChow

Reaction score
When it comes to Circles there are actually two of them one is the App = Circles and the other is the Settings = CircleConfig. My suggestion is if you want to continue using Circles uncheck GPS through Settings> Location servics (turn off all GPS settings), go into Settings> Apps> All and clear data, clear caches, disable and then restore, also return to GPS and restore all settings. Here are two alternatives that are similar, but not duplicates of Circles (and I believe they work on several different Launchers, whereas Circles doesn't.)

MotoBlur Clock

Rings Digital Weather Clock

Ayyrock

Reaction score
When it comes to Circles there are actually two of them one is the App = Circles and the other is the Settings = CircleConfig. My suggestion is if you want to continue using Circles uncheck GPS through Settings> Location servics (turn off all GPS settings), go into Settings> Apps> All and clear data, clear caches, disable and then restore, also return to GPS and restore all settings. Here are two alternatives that are similar, but not duplicates of Circles (and I believe they work on several different Launchers, whereas Circles doesn't.)

MotoBlur Clock

Rings Digital Weather Clock

Thanks for your help. I did exactly what you did except when it came to clearing the cache, there was none to clear for both apps. But I cleared the data, disabled both apps and restored them and turned the GPS back on. It still says Los Angeles unfortunately but it was worth a shot. I may have to just try one of the other alternatives sadly.