1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Weather Widget problem

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by gallasm, Mar 19, 2010.

1. gallasm

gallasm New Member

I just downloaded and installed Weather Widget - Donate. When I try to fire it up, it goes to a screen that says "Please wait while the default skin is being downloaded; Application with start after the download has completed." It has been on this screen for several minutes so I'm thinking something is wrong. Certainly whatever skin it's downloading wouldn't take that long to download. I can hit the 'back' button and the place on the home screen where the widget should be just says "refreshing data" but never actually loads the widget. What gives? Any suggestions?
  2. butch350

butch350 New Member

I've other problems with this widget - and I even sprang for the paid version.

Need to say, I uninstalled it and now use Weather Bug Elite. I love "WBE".
  3. gallasm

gallasm New Member

Actually I figured out the problem. It said in the description of the apps something about the default skin being taken away because of conflict with HTC or something. Anyhow, I d/l'ed a new clock skin (Cypha Flip Clock) and weather skin (Shiny Weather), applied them in the widget settings, fired it up again and it worked with no problem :)
  4. GoGators

GoGators New Member

Weather Bug Elite's new map widget is worth the price of the App alone.
  5. SukDeezNutz

SukDeezNutz New Member

I use just regular WeatherBug. I love how it displays the temp in the status bar.
Search tags for this page

please wait while the default skin is being downloaded