Weather Widget problem

gallasm

Reaction score
I just downloaded and installed Weather Widget - Donate. When I try to fire it up, it goes to a screen that says "Please wait while the default skin is being downloaded; Application with start after the download has completed." It has been on this screen for several minutes so I'm thinking something is wrong. Certainly whatever skin it's downloading wouldn't take that long to download. I can hit the 'back' button and the place on the home screen where the widget should be just says "refreshing data" but never actually loads the widget. What gives? Any suggestions?

butch350

Reaction score
I just downloaded and installed Weather Widget - Donate. When I try to fire it up, it goes to a screen that says "Please wait while the default skin is being downloaded; Application with start after the download has completed." It has been on this screen for several minutes so I'm thinking something is wrong. Certainly whatever skin it's downloading wouldn't take that long to download. I can hit the 'back' button and the place on the home screen where the widget should be just says "refreshing data" but never actually loads the widget. What gives? Any suggestions?

I've other problems with this widget - and I even sprang for the paid version.

Need to say, I uninstalled it and now use Weather Bug Elite. I love "WBE".

OP
G

gallasm

Reaction score
Actually I figured out the problem. It said in the description of the apps something about the default skin being taken away because of conflict with HTC or something. Anyhow, I d/l'ed a new clock skin (Cypha Flip Clock) and weather skin (Shiny Weather), applied them in the widget settings, fired it up again and it worked with no problem :)

GoGators

Reaction score
Weather Bug Elite's new map widget is worth the price of the App alone.

SukDeezNutz

Reaction score
I use just regular WeatherBug. I love how it displays the temp in the status bar.