Weather widget in dock broken

Discussion in 'Liberty ROM DX' started by wazzelby, Jun 9, 2011.

1. wazzelby

wazzelby New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I finally sorted out the calendar issues but now I'm having another issue with the desktop dock. The weather widget doesn't load and if I try and go to widgets and add it in again, it's not there to select. Do I just need to install the apk from somewhere?

Thanks!

2. Kasey Krehbiel

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm not 100% sure, but I *think* you're looking for "Default Weather" from the Android Market.

3. wazzelby

wazzelby New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think that's right, that looks like it's for a paid app, like a skin. I'm thinking this has something to do with having some blur removed in the ROM? I think I need to re-install the news and weather widget and changing permissions? Does anyone have a link on how to do this?

EDIT:
    That doesn't work. I already have the Genie News and Weather Widget installed and working.

Any other ideas?

#3 wazzelby, Jun 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  4. Kasey Krehbiel

Ratings:
    +1
  5. wazzelby

wazzelby New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's the Genie weather widget I mentioned above. It's already installed. It works fine on the "desktop" but there's no choice for a weather widget in the dock itself. I thought there was a fix for this way back when Froyo first started circulating.

EDIT:
    I also tried that one you lined and it didn't work. I moved it to system/app with root explorer and set (what I think is the right permissions), rebooted, still no weather app choice in the dock widgets..
    What are the correct permissions to set? Not really sure that's gonna make a difference though?

#5 wazzelby, Jun 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  6. Kasey Krehbiel

Ratings:
    +1
    A shot in the dark... Fancy Widget is a great clock/weather display widget app. Might give that a try. The Pro version was the FAD (Free App of the Day) on Amazon a while back.

7. wazzelby

wazzelby New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That won't work for what I'm trying to do. I want to have the weather widget in the multimedia dock on my desk. So when I dock it, I have the weather across the bottom of the dock screen.
    I remember having to do some type of hack on my old ROM but it's been so long that I forgot where I found it.

Search tags for this page

android desk dock weather broken

beweather widget will not load

live dock weather won't install

weather doesn't load on desk dock

why doesn't desktop android weather widget work clp281x