Weather widget/app no longer updating location

SMags

Reaction score
Howdy! I searched the forums for similar threads and found a few with some suggestions. I tried all of the suggested solutions, but none worked, so I figured I'd try posting my own thread...

I was out of state last week and since I have returned, the built-in weather app/widget no longer updates my location. It seems to be stuck on my vacation location and won't update to my current location. I've tried clearing the cache for the widget, manually updating the location, and a few other things suggested in other threads, but nothing appears to work. Is anyone else having this issue?

Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix the problem so that I can see my current location weather and not the state in which I vacationed? I really don't want to keep seeing that it's sunny and 80 degrees there, while I look out the window at gray, rainy skies here... :)

Help much appreciated!

rick-b

Reaction score
Solved by Updating "Roaming"

Had a similar problem with HTC Incredible on Verizon. I updated by "Roaming Capabilities" with Verizon, dialed *228, chose option #2, and after the update, my location was reported correctly.

Hope this helps.

Biemowo

Reaction score
Sorry to revive this but why start another. My Dinc is suddenly doing the same thing. My options were set for weather to be current location, auto update, Verizon location services on, gps off. My location and weather would constantly update while I was just driving around. I drove to Virginia beach and when i got there my location hadn't updated from when I left home. Don't remember how but I got it to update and say Virginia beach. But after that my location wouldn't update anymore. I'm 300 miles away from Virginia beach and I can't get it to give my current location. I've trashed the weather widget, force stopped it, and cleared its data. Now when I goto place the weather widget it doesn't even give me the option of current location, it just says Virginia beach. It's getting very frustrating.

rick-b

Reaction score
Just curious-did you try updating the roaming capabilities as described in my previous post? It worked great for me. I'm just wondering if that's the "fix" for the problem.

Biemowo

Reaction score
I did and it said that my phone couldn't be programmed and that I should call Verizon customer service on a land line.

Osiris16

Reaction score
Make sure auto update is on. Setting - accounts and sync - make sure the update and sync options are on

pagram95

Reaction score
Weather widget not updating.

The weather had not updated in 2 days on my Droid Razr M...so I updated my roaming with *228 and then turned off my phone and restarted it. The weather came back to my location and is working fine now!