Weather widget and skin?

Castro

Reaction score
Does anybody have any idea as to what weather widget and skin that is? I can't find it on beautiful widgets and weather & toggle widget is way too overwhelming to look through all the skins. Thank you.

1011222123c2090a30e83af8d0jpgthumb.jpg

hedney3

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
It actually comes with the MIUI rom. if you have any of the more recent versions it should be under your widgets.

OP
Castro

Castro

Reaction score
It didn't actually come pre-installed but, I went to the MIUI app in chinese saw kinda like a weather icon, clicked on it, downloaded it and there it was lol. Except is all in chinese!!!!

Wolf_Droid

Reaction score
It didn't actually come pre-installed but, I went to the MIUI app in chinese saw kinda like a weather icon, clicked on it, downloaded it and there it was lol. Except is all in chinese!!!!
what miui app in chinese are you talking about?

OP
Castro

Castro

Reaction score
That one with the colorful overlapping squares. MIUI 11.19 v1.2 came with it. Although I found out the weather app is pretty much useless since it only works for chinese cities :(

CAP2010112621061.jpg

korn5979

Reaction score
That one with the colorful overlapping squares. MIUI 11.19 v1.2 came with it. Although I found out the weather app is pretty much useless since it only works for chinese cities :(

i totally agree. can we like put in a request for someone to port or copy that skin in english?

azpilot

Reaction score
I believe this is called MIUI Fancy Widget, I also believe this is the english translation to it. I have been using it for a few days now. Took a bit of messing with it to get the my location part to find me. But its working so far

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Does anybody have any idea as to what weather widget and skin that is? I can't find it on beautiful widgets and weather & toggle widget is way too overwhelming to look through all the skins. Thank you.

Last edited:

korn5979

Reaction score
ok i dled it and i dont see a weather icon. what am i doing wrong or what do i have to setup now?

azpilot

Reaction score
Install the .APK (root explorer or similar, tap it to install) or you could use root explorer and copy in the system/app folder fix permissions and reboot and then add to the home screen as you would any other widget

korn5979

Reaction score
ok now rebooting didnt work to show the weather....hmmm help please? lol

korn5979

Reaction score
no no no. i installed it the way its supposed to be installed. the widget and app installs fine. its just whenever i put the widget on my homescreen, it just shows the time and date. doesnt even have a little sun to show weather or what not

azpilot

Reaction score
no no no. i installed it the way its supposed to be installed. the widget and app installs fine. its just whenever i put the widget on my homescreen, it just shows the time and date. doesnt even have a little sun to show weather or what not

That helps, did you go into the configuration for weather and setup? I had to uncheck my location, put in a hard coded location once it found the weather go back and check use my location. I also at one point had to disable the location setting in the accounts area and re-enable and then come back to the widget. As I said it took a bit of messaging with it to find my location