Weather not updating

milew66623

Reaction score
I just got a new Droid incredible after my old one crapped out. I can't remember if my old one did this but I don't think it did. My weather on the main screen doesn't update unless I refresh it. When I go to settings, and check automatic updating, as soon as I leave that screen and go back, it is unchecked when I look. Therefore, not auto updating ever. Why is this? I have an unlimited data plan so I don't know why this is happening, I'm pretty certain it didn't do this on my old phone.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

OP
M

milew66623

Reaction score
No one?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

wkwaggoner

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
droid turbo 2
....my D1 is doing the same thing, came out of the blue....I have to refresh it to get latest weather info....I have noticed GPS doing the same thing also....I've checked all the settings and they are correct it appears....can anyone out here offer a suggestion and or a fix?

thatotherdroid

Reaction score
Okay this is the solution:

Go to Settings > Accounts & Sync > Turn on Auto Synch > Select Weather > Select Account Settings > and then set the update schedule that you want.

You NEED to keep Auto Sync on if you want the weather to update on it's own. Just realize that this will drain your batter faster so its a give and take relationship.

ALSO if you are going to keep Auto Sync on then make sure you turn off the other Auto Sync services that you don't want/need to help save your battery.

Let me know if this doesn't work.