Weather App with MOVING radar.

JLB09

Reaction score
Some great suggestions here as I have been looking for a better weather app.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I happen to like IMAP weather. Takes a bit to DL, and is slow, but the presentation is terrific, and you can alter the transparancy of the radar superimposed on google maps.

If they could, I would improve the DL times, get faster looping, and get with google to make this a radar layer they could just incorporate into the maps app.

ronjr123

Reaction score
I use weather bug elite, really nice
Don't know about the free version though

CatsTide

Reaction score
radar now works the best for me...IMO is better than weatherbug elite

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have the Weather Channel app, as well as the IMAP and Radar Now. While Radar Now works, I'm disappointed that when you zoom in at all, the resolution is pretty bad. I use the Weather Channel app more.

OP
joker920

joker920

Reaction score
Great responses.

Thanks everyone!

It sounds like java coming to Droid can't come soon enough.

bodean

Reaction score
Can someone tell me if there is a free weather app. that gives moving radar?

If so, does it actually show the radar on the Droid or does it simply direct you to a website?

Weather.com app
If you use it, learn to "EXPLORE" the options of the "MAP"
I get radar, it moves, and works great.

Technoman

Reaction score
The APP's all seem to lack real function to me.
I am currently using mw.weather.com (The Weather channels mobile website).

Once flash comes back, I will go back to wund.com (weather underground). It has the best radar, and overall function!!!

lumpysherman

Reaction score
im using the app from the weather channel and it has moving radar, works fine plus with gps on the weather info follows u,

Love this app, best weather app that I have found so far. Waiting for Wunderground to build one.:bling:

Gkope

Reaction score
The Weather Channel app has radar. Menu then Map, then hit play. Again, not very good.

Newps

Reaction score
Radar Now! works pretty good. It uses the local NWS radar feed. Most of the NWS radars are not up to the standard of the radar on Wunderground.com, especially wunderground's WunderMap.

I think once we get flash, the weather apps, esp. the radar may improve. I hope so, because my Treo 650 was able to get a better radar display, 5 years ago.

Wunderground does not have its own radars. They get the info from the NWS. It's all in the presentation. There are a number of ways to display the same info.

droidd

Reaction score
Can someone tell me if there is a free weather app. that gives moving radar?

If so, does it actually show the radar on the Droid or does it simply direct you to a website?

Folks...The Weather Channel app is free and has moving radar. Open the app > menu > Map. Hit menu again to add layers such as traffic/clouds/precipitation. You can even go menu > Video for a short clip of a weatherman giving the forecast.

DJWPAR3

Reaction score
Moving Radar

I use RADAR NOW...but as someone mentioned above...it's weak

Better is... The Weather Channel..............free:)
There is a pause- play button under the radar screen....choppy but good.

amjacobs1

Reaction score
I have all three weather radars and they all have their strengths and weaknesses. I'll tell you one thing, once flash comes in, the radar apps, along with other features, will be even better. Even the NWS radar (in which you can see the entire country in a loop - none of the others have that) is great.