Weather app in Media Dock

kwayit

Reaction score
Is there a way to change, fix or update this crappy app? It doesn't update the temp, takes days to change cities, etc...
If I replace it with WeatherChannel I only get the icon, not an open app that shows the current app, which is the goal.

Suggestions, ideas?

Jessesmith888

Reaction score
If you are using a task killer that is your problem. It would need to be excluded from tasked killed

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Reaction score
If your using a task killer delete it, I did and have noticed a big change in my phone and it was for the better.

Sent from my bodily extension.

OP
K

kwayit

Reaction score
This has nothing to do with a Task Killer. The app is there but simply doesn't keep up with my location as I travel.
Can I force it to update or replace it all together?

Reaction score
Did you check the settings for the app? I have mine set to update every hour, any more than that and it drains too much power.

Randybrn

Reaction score
I have the Beautiful Apps installed on my droid, but when I dock it I get a message that says "problem initializing app". I cant get the weather to show up when its in bedside mode. Any ideas? And I dont have any tasks killers

Reaction score
I would guess that something is corrupted in the file system. You might have to reset the phone to day 1. I had to do this before to fix this type of problem.

Randybrn

Reaction score
my wifes phone is doing the same thing. Must be a setting some where?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mine doesn't seem to update on a timely basis regardless of the refresh setting. However, if I tap on it while docked it seems to update immediately.

Reaction score
If your still using a stock rom this could be the issue. I have found that the stock roms have huge bugs in them and never seem to work. I have a Droid 1 and running LFY 1.9 with a slayer 800Mhz kernel and don't have any trouble anymore.

marmot8

Reaction score
Is there a way to change, fix or update this crappy app? It doesn't update the temp, takes days to change cities, etc...
If I replace it with WeatherChannel I only get the icon, not an open app that shows the current app, which is the goal.

Suggestions, ideas?

click on an open area of screen, go to anroid widgets and go down to the "weather channel-wide" option. hope that's what you mean?

OP
K

kwayit

Reaction score
No, it's not but I did figure it out.

I flew from DC to Atlanta, stayed 2 days, went back to Charlotte for 2 more days.... The weather app still said Reston VA. hmmm no, It's not, sorry.
It doesn't really follow my location even with that setting checked. Oh well.