Wearable Smart-devices Still Not Valued Highly According to Latest Marketing Research

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Oct 26, 2015.

1. luvarcher

luvarcher Member

Ratings:
    +5
    sure, it sounds cool..sure it's in but no thanks.. unless it's free or on sale, I'd probably change my mind

2. pc747

pc747 Regular Member
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +7,337
    That phrase would make @94lt1 proud.

I argued that it helped when jogging or running to switch songs (I like to jog/sprint before I lift to get the heart rate up as well as warm up the muscles) but I found myself trying to steady my arm to where it was just faster to whip out my phone.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,003
    You get older, or just coming back to working out....you care about heart rate and tracking your progress. I don't run, either, but I walk and I have a target distance I'm trying to hit.

Plus, I'm always listening to my music or Pandora at the gym. Granted, a cheaper smartwatch would suffice there but it's worth it for that alone to leave the bulky phone at home.

And bluetooth locks. Can leave the keys at home, as well.

4. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +12,552
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Z4
    With the newest versions of Android Wear you can reply to texts, e mail from the watch. It is not just a notification system anymore.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. pc747

pc747 Regular Member
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +7,337
    Android wear is going to take awhile to figure out where it fits in the ecosystem. Right now both with apple and android there is not enough people biting on wear devices, other than tech nerds, because people can not see the need. Now this could be a matter of time, as it took awhile for some people to give up the flip phone for smart phones.

The question is will watches need to be cheaper or provide more functionality?

• Like Like x 1
  6. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,242
    Both.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,513
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    It would've made the old me proud..I'm back in the iron circle...my cardio is all martial arts against mma fighters now..pretty funny actually... But I still run and even pull the sled...by next year I'll be a 350 lbs beast running the ididerot (so, you know..the dog race in Alaska LOL)

The old me was happy to be bulky..but I'm fast...so..now i work on athleticism too..;)

8. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,338
    Make a phone call to my daughter, while driving, while my wife uses my phone because Verizon isn't even heard of in Bowling Green Kentucky so she can't use her phone at all?
    Yeah I'd do it again. Not only could I leave the phone with the wife but could call/text at will as needed. Though I didn't ever need it I had the maps type app fired up in case I got lost in that part of the world

Support Our Troops!!!
    Beast Mode 4
    <><

9. MissionImprobable

MissionImprobable Silver Member

Ratings:
    +169
    That's the kind of things these companies need to advertise, because most people just don't care how pleasing to the eye the devices are, or may even be turned off, because the iWatch is ugly on top of its bulk.

Make the case for real world functionality and consumers will be interested.

10. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,338
    Even my old Gear Fit was useful for making maps of excursions. These watches can do so much more than tell time and notify us when we get a message. Mine is like a mini pda. On my home screen are shortcuts for calculator, calendar, voice memo and notes apps, the ones I use most often every day.
    [​IMG]

Support Our Troops!!!
    Beast Mode 4
    <><

• Like Like x 2
  11. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +12,552
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Z4
    I agree completely. I have a large office with several tables full of computers; mine comes in handy when I am across the room and need to respond to a text or e-mail....no need to grab the phone...just send a quick reply by talking into the watch. Or draw a quick emoji response. I think the average consumer does not know the functionality that these can provide....and the price is too high also. Smart watches are not advertised much and it seems like only "tech heads" like us on forums know what they can do. I have had a lot of questions & comments about my watch lately (maybe because we are entering the Holiday shopping season and people are thinking of gift ideas). It usually starts with: "what kind of watch is that, an iWatch?" Then..."I didn't know that Google / Android made watches now too." The conversation usually ends with a Thank you for the demo and info...but they are just so expensive...I will think about it. If people knew what all they can do and the prices were lower, they may sell a lot better.

Search tags for this page
images of wearable devices
wearable device

wearable devices