Wear screen shots.... What's your watch look like?

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
I tried it, didn't like how the pop up works, went back to Handcent after the last S update added reply to many aftermarket apps.
slight change of topic....@mountainbikermark do you use a screen protector on your Gear S? I have one but I am really not liking the feel of it....it's ewwy...

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I think these screens are pretty tough. Tougher then glass on a big phone, that's for sure. I'm sure there's some scientific reason for it. Smaller surface area and all that.
Its Gorilla on the S, right?

TapaTurbo

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
I think these screens are pretty tough. Tougher then glass on a big phone, that's for sure. I'm sure there's some scientific reason for it. Smaller surface area and all that.
Its Gorilla on the S, right?

TapaTurbo
yes....gorilla 3 I believe...

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I bought a 3 pack of screen protectors last month and took it off within the first day. Didn't like the way it felt.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
I bought a 3 pack of screen protectors last month and took it off within the first day. Didn't like the way it felt.
my thoughts exactly....the one I have is like a Zagg film one....it's tacky feeling...I really don't like it..

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I'm REALLY anti-screen protectors on all devices. Free that watch from the oppressive protector!! :D

TapaTurbo

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
slight change of topic....@mountainbikermark do you use a screen protector on your Gear S? I have one but I am really not liking the feel of it....it's ewwy...
I put one on to add that feel you don't like. It slows my slides down a smidge, giving me less erroneous actuation.
I saw a scissors scratch test on a video and the man couldn't get his screen to scratch. I used Armour something or other brand, it's like the old Zagg style. The one on my Fit has a few "dimples" from it getting banged and bumped at work. The case has quite a few scratches and gouges but the screen is fine. I'm more concerned about cracks than scratches and the Fit has taken some hits that I was surprised didn't crack the screen, I'm thinking the protector helped because it dented.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I never got the concept of screen protectors. I would much rather have a clear picture and a smooth touch than have that stupid film on my screen for the life of my devices. I've bashed my watch on metal door frames a few times at work, so hard that I was afraid to look at it afterward. I thought, "Well. That was fun while it lasted..." only to eventually work up the courage to check the watch out. Paint chips on the case, but the screen was fine. And by paint chips, I mean the paint from the door frame that my watch took with it. Scratched them off with my thumbnail and carried on with my life.

Meto

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
Exactly.. I would always get the bubbles when trying to use them

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Totally agree. Not to even mention I am completely incompetent when it comes to applying the damn things on phones. ALWAYS have creases or bubbles any time I've tried. :(

Exactly.. I would always get the bubbles when trying to use them
That's why I use the "wet application" ones. Just go into a humid room, like a bathroom, so any dust will wipe off and not just fly up in the air then end up back on it, squirt the stuff on my fingers, then on the device. I hardly ever have to even squeegee the bubbles out because there any. Like I said,I wanted the extra grip on the watches but on my phone I run them nekkid, tried one of those tempered glass covers, ended up shattering it. They are so not fun to remove once fragmented.
The wet ones look a little funny fire a few days while they cure but the one on my Fit filled in the scratches on its screen, and is crystal clear now. Like I said mine is more for grip than protection. I wouldn't want the grip on my phones but I prefer it on my watches. Big fingers, little screen area.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
I think the sp is coming off of my Gear S tonight.....it is sooo annoying I can't stand it anymore!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think the sp is coming off of my Gear S tonight.....it is sooo annoying I can't stand it anymore!
Thanks for the tip on Notification Extender. Picked it up last night after reading your post about it. I REALLY like how Handcent reply works. See the text, tap the keyboard icon to open the keyboard or tap the icon on lower right to dismiss/reply with canned/open on phone. Since I use the keyboard anyway it's nice to no longer have to tap the lower right icon, tap reply, tap keyboard, then reply. Other than forum surfing I didn't use my phone at all today, even deleted my emails from the watch instead of just dismiss.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
That one app made me love my gear s much much more!