1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Weak WiFi?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 4' started by bigdav1178, Jun 28, 2012.

1. bigdav1178

bigdav1178 New Member

I'm curious if the rest of you Droid 4 owners out there have weak WiFi on your phones too. I'm running the latest OTA software on my D4, but I still see much worse WiFi performance over my last phone, a Droid 2. For instance, my Droid 2 would have no problem reaching the edges of my property 50+ feet from the house, while the Droid 4 is dropping off maybe 20 feet from the house. It is not just my network, as I've seen similar performance issues at a number of different WiFi networks I connect to.

I'm just trying to determine whether I should take this thing into Verizon and complain that it's having WiFi issues.
  2. podspi

podspi New Member

In my experience, WiFi has been garbage on the D4. I'm continually having to turn it on and off to maintain a data connection (very annoying)...
  3. schatzy62

schatzy62 New Member

Mine works better on my Droid 4 than it ever did on my Droid X. Much better coverage in the building i work in. Most other people here with smart phones have iPhones or Samsung phones that use the WiFi complain more than I do about coverage.

So I would say if you are having a problem then you might want to have Verizon look into it.
  4. Inundated

Inundated New Member

WiFi is certainly better on my D4 than my D1.
  5. bigdav1178

bigdav1178 New Member

Thanks for the replies!

This past weekend, I borrowed my brother-in-laws Droid 4 to do some WIFI comparisons with my own - result: nearly dead even. Now this phone is definitely weaker than my D2, but based on your responses, I guess it is just a "your mileage may vary" kind of situation...

Oh well. Hopefully VZW gets their sh*t together and gets this area covered with LTE soon; it'd be faster than the WIFI connections I use, and I can just forget about the WIFI signal strength. It amazes me that I live just outside the 5th largest city in PA, yet we don't have LTE... go 20 miles southwest into the neighboring Amish country (where they don't even use electricity) and they've got LTE. SMH Done ranting now.
  6. DocWalt

DocWalt New Member

My WiFi signal is significantly more stable on my D4 than it ever was on my D1.
Search tags for this page
android 4 wifi weak
droid 4 poor wifi

droid 4 weak wifi

droid 4 weak wifi signal
droid 4 wifi signal strength
droid 4 wifi weak signal
droid x poor wifi

droid x weak wifi signal

droid x2 weak wifi

droid x2 weak wifi strength
low wi-fi signaldroidx