Weak vibration

Discussion in 'Thunderbolt Tech Support' started by dominator77, Apr 12, 2011.

1. dominator77

dominator77 New Member

I upgraded to the Thunderbolt on 4/1. Exchanged it for a droid 2 (for smaller size and keyboard) on 4/10. Quickly realized my mistake and had to buy it again at upgrade price on 4/11.
    Now to my point... While setting up the phone I realized a very big difference in the haptic feedback and vibration on the 2nd Thunderbolt. It is very weak and makes a buzzing noise when keys are pressed, giving it a cheap or refurbished feel. I know the TB I had a day earlier had a deeper vibration which gave the phone a solid feel.
    Was wondering why such a diference on such a new phone? And if there's a way to fix it or send it somewhere to be fixed?
  2. cpjr

cpjr New Member

Its called mass production. If you really think its an issue take it back to Verizon and let them check it out.
  3. dominator77

dominator77 New Member

I immediatly took it back and a rep told me it could be because they got a rushed shipment and the quality of the phones may not be as good as a week earlier... So I turned the vibrate off but it really bugs me and I spent alot of money. Do you think its possible to try and find an 'original' like I had?
  4. cpjr

cpjr New Member

Dont know what you mean by "original". You have 14 days to return it if your not happy, or get it swapped.
  5. jeremycnly

jeremycnly New Member

Grand Solution: Wait for Bionic

Why did you go back to Droid 2? If vibration is that much of an issue,take it back. Keep in mind though if u ever come back to them with a problem they might call you out on all this exchanging....
    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  6. dominator77

dominator77 New Member

I meant one that wasn't in that rushed shipment or something.. its a brand new phone, it should work perfectly.. but thanks for the suggestion I think I will go back and exchange it for another.. I'll just try it out first.
  7. cpjr

cpjr New Member

The whole "rushed shipment" BS is just a verizon rep pulling something from somewhere.

Yes it should work perfect, but the truth is, it is mass produced and there will be defects here and there.

You could exchange it for another and get one that is perfect for you.......or you could swap it 10 more times and get the same bad vibration.
  8. dominator77

dominator77 New Member

Yea I know..but it bugs me that the quality could be better like the first one I had.. I never even thought or cared about vibration on a phone until I noticed this difference. Its crazy how theres good ones and bad ones, even in a brand-new model..
  9. dominator77

dominator77 New Member

Yea I know..but it bugs me that the quality could be better like the first one I had.. I never even thought or cared about vibration on a phone until I noticed this difference. Its crazy how theres good ones and bad ones, even in a brand-new model..
  10. dominator77

dominator77 New Member

Well I was used to physical buttons and smaller size but realized the TB is way more advanced than droid 2.. I guess now I have a brand new droid 2 for sale..
Search tags for this page
better vibrate thunderbolt
droid 2 weak vibrate

droid incredible 2 vibrate weak

fusion 2 vibrate is weak
htc explorer vibration weak

htc incredible 2 vibrate weak

htc merge weak signal
htc one weak vibrate

htc thunderbolt weak vibration

incredible 2 vibration getting weak
incredible 2 weak vibrate