Weak vibrate & Profile settings

jp12687

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am coming from a blackberry that i used to leave on vibrate almost all the time. the vibrate on that thing had multiple settings (length) and was strong enough to let me know something has happened.

The vibrate on the pro is VERY weak and more often then not i dont even know its vibrating.

Any app out there that will let me control this better?

I would also like to do some profiles (vibrate only, loud, work, sleep, etc).

let me know

thanks

Josh

StingRay

Reaction score
As far as profiles go, I've had pretty good luck with an app in the Market called "Setting Profiles"....I think there is a free and paid version....not sure the difference, but I have the paid....

Setting Profiles lets you create different profiles based on different situations....time of day, day of week, location (using gps), connected to wifi/bluetooth/headset, etc.

I have profiles for Home, Office, Night, Weekend and use different ringtones, vibrate on/off, silent mode, ringer volume, etc.

Other apps are available that do similar....one called "Tasker" that looks pretty interesting (and possibly complicated), but Setting Profiles is pretty simple and works great for me...

Regarding the vibrate strength, my Pro seems to be much stronger than what I had on my Droid, so I'm wondering if something may not be working correctly on yours....

johnpalley

Reaction score
As far as profiles go, I've had pretty good luck with an app in the Market called "Setting Profiles"....I think there is a free and paid version....not sure the difference, but I have the paid....

Setting Profiles lets you create different profiles based on different situations....time of day, day of week, location (using gps), connected to wifi/bluetooth/headset, etc.

I have profiles for Home, Office, Night, Weekend and use different ringtones, vibrate on/off, silent mode, ringer volume, etc.

Other apps are available that do similar....one called "Tasker" that looks pretty interesting (and possibly complicated), but Setting Profiles is pretty simple and works great for me...

Regarding the vibrate strength, my Pro seems to be much stronger than what I had on my Droid, so I'm wondering if something may not be working correctly on yours....

does anyone know how strong the vibrate strength is compared to the blackberry tour? im not happy with my tours vibrate strength and im hoping the pros is stronger

SquintyOS

Reaction score
I had the original Droid and compared to it, it's a bit weaker. Other than that, my girlfriend could her both phones buzzing on my table from outside the house. I guess it depends on what surface plus the casing used, if you have a case or just leaving it unclothed.

schilsh

Reaction score
Try downloading Audio Manager Pro from the market for audio profiles customizable and compatible to your BB sound profiles.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App