We Will Never Forget

BamaBelle

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
Yes, I remember September 11th, do you?

When I close my eyes and go to that day, I can still feel my stomach drop.

But what I can't feel, is the pain and torture 2,977 of our fellow Americans went through.

I was at work on the morning of Septenber 11th, 2001.

It was a normal morning. I got up, went through my daily routine and was off to work.

We had the radio on at work, more for the noise than for the music.

8:45 a.m. Just a number right? In itself no meaning, just an example of how we keep time.

Well, it had been until the clock rolled over to 8:46 a.m.

And that's when the world stopped. That's when images, and screams and total chaos would be branded into the back of our minds until we leave this world.

At 8:46 a.m., American Airlines Flight 11 along with it's 76 passengers, 11 crew members and five hijackers flew into the North tower of the World Trade Center.

I remember the numbness and disbelief. Someone or something had violated America. This simply could not be real. A million thoughts and feelings raced through my body and mind, along with my fellow Americans who were invited to a show we never wanted to watch.

We were holding our breath, wondering what would happen next? Would the rest of the tower catch on fire? Oh my God, what if it fell?

The clock rolled over to 9:03 a.m.

As we sat in stunned disbelief, United Airlines Flight 175, with a crew of nine and 51 passengers, not including the five hijackers flew into the South Tower.

At this point everything inside me shut down. I could not even begin to process what was happening. I couldn't move, breathe or blink.

None of us could.

There was no Superman or Clark Kent to save the day. No Spiderman or Wonder Woman, The Incredible Hulk or Captain America.

Only silence and tears falling down faces all over the country.

I will never forget the bodies falling from windows.

They were falling right? Surely they wouldn't be jumping out those windows by choice. Or, maybe they were?

It looked like someone took a handful of beans, and just tossed them out of the sky. Each bean looked the same, but yet they all had a name, a life and a family out there. Watching the nightmare unfold like the rest of us.

Smoke, so much smoke.

At this point, it was useless to try and keep up. There was no way possible anyone could fully grasp what was happening.

How many phone calls were made that day? Phone calls made to loved ones who were left holding a phone with no one on the other end any longer.

Then, the towers crumbled. They held up as long as they could.

I think about the engineers and laborers who built those towers. Every nail that was hammered, ever beam lifted into place. The blood, sweat and countless hours devoted to constructing them.

9:37 a.m. American Airlines Flight 77 crashed into the Pentagon, with a crew of six and 53 passengers, not including five hijackers.

10:03 a.m. United Airlines Flight 93 with a crew of 7, 33 passengers and 4 hijackers were en route to Washington. America would not go down without a struggle, as passengers on that flight struggled to regain control of the plane, it ended in a field in StoneyCreek Township.

Four planes in total along with 19 hijackers all of them in the air 1 hour before they were used as weapons to rip a hole into the heart of America.

As America, we vowed to never forget but have we?

As much as I hate to admit I think we have. And we must not let that happen.

When we say we "remember", it's not that we do it out of honor. We have to put ourselves back to that place and time.

We have to "feel" it and relive it all over again. The only way to never forget is to brand it deep into our hearts and minds.

We owe it to them. We owe it to the 2,977 people that lost their lives that day as well as their families.

If we do not take time to open those mental wounds we want to forget, we will eventually never remember.

Writing this was hard for me. I had to stop several times because it hurt so badly to bring myself back to that point and time in my life.

I don't want to think of someone choosing to jump out a window instead of burning to death.

I don't want to think of the innocent people on those planes who were helpless.

I don't want to remember the aftermath.

But we HAVE to.

I remember you September 11th, 2001. I will always remember each and every 2,977 one of you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Breathtaking. That's the word that comes to mind reading this priceless piece. You've caused years to roll down my face and made me feel strangely more alive, more aware, more sad, more mad. Still I can't thank you enough for this.

God bless the people who lost their lives that day, the first responders who rushed in and risked their lives, some who lost their lives to help save others, the families, friends, colleagues of those who died that day, the survivors, many physically injured, all emotionally inputted, those throughout the world who were affected by this day.

God bless America. May we ALWAYS REMEMBER, and never lose the courage and faith to believe we can rise above this and even more.

We shall overcome.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
BamaBelle

BamaBelle

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
Breathtaking. That's the word that comes to mind reading this priceless piece. You've caused years to roll down my face and made me feel strangely more alive, more aware, more sad, more mad. Still I can't thank you enough for this.

God bless the people who lost their lives that day, the first responders who rushed in and risked their lives, some who lost their lives to help save others, the families, friends, colleagues of those who died that day, the survivors, many physically injured, all emotionally inputted, those throughout the world who were affected by this day.

God bless America. May we ALWAYS REMEMBER, and never lose the courage and faith to believe we can rise above this and even more.

We shall overcome.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
If those words meant something to you, then my single voice was heard and my mission complete.

There were actually 2,996 who lost thier lives. But the difference includes the hijackers, and thier demise is not worth being mentioned or recorded.

God Bless America indeed!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
BamaBelle

BamaBelle

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
My children are 10 and 5. I sat down and tried as best I could the events of that day. I want them always to remember it as well.

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Yes, I remember September 11th, do you?

When I close my eyes and go to that day, I can still feel my stomach drop.

But what I can't feel, is the pain and torture 2,977 of our fellow Americans went through.

I was at work on the morning of Septenber 11th, 2001.

It was a normal morning. I got up, went through my daily routine and was off to work.

We had the radio on at work, more for the noise than for the music.

8:45 a.m. Just a number right? In itself no meaning, just an example of how we keep time.

Well, it had been until the clock rolled over to 8:46 a.m.

And that's when the world stopped. That's when images, and screams and total chaos would be branded into the back of our minds until we leave this world.

At 8:46 a.m., American Airlines Flight 11 along with it's 76 passengers, 11 crew members and five hijackers flew into the North tower of the World Trade Center.

I remember the numbness and disbelief. Someone or something had violated America. This simply could not be real. A million thoughts and feelings raced through my body and mind, along with my fellow Americans who were invited to a show we never wanted to watch.

We were holding our breath, wondering what would happen next? Would the rest of the tower catch on fire? Oh my God, what if it fell?

The clock rolled over to 9:03 a.m.

As we sat in stunned disbelief, United Airlines Flight 175, with a crew of nine and 51 passengers, not including the five hijackers flew into the South Tower.

At this point everything inside me shut down. I could not even begin to process what was happening. I couldn't move, breathe or blink.

None of us could.

There was no Superman or Clark Kent to save the day. No Spiderman or Wonder Woman, The Incredible Hulk or Captain America.

Only silence and tears falling down faces all over the country.

I will never forget the bodies falling from windows.

They were falling right? Surely they wouldn't be jumping out those windows by choice. Or, maybe they were?

It looked like someone took a handful of beans, and just tossed them out of the sky. Each bean looked the same, but yet they all had a name, a life and a family out there. Watching the nightmare unfold like the rest of us.

Smoke, so much smoke.

At this point, it was useless to try and keep up. There was no way possible anyone could fully grasp what was happening.

How many phone calls were made that day? Phone calls made to loved ones who were left holding a phone with no one on the other end any longer.

Then, the towers crumbled. They held up as long as they could.

I think about the engineers and laborers who built those towers. Every nail that was hammered, ever beam lifted into place. The blood, sweat and countless hours devoted to constructing them.

9:37 a.m. American Airlines Flight 77 crashed into the Pentagon, with a crew of six and 53 passengers, not including five hijackers.

10:03 a.m. United Airlines Flight 93 with a crew of 7, 33 passengers and 4 hijackers were en route to Washington. America would not go down without a struggle, as passengers on that flight struggled to regain control of the plane, it ended in a field in StoneyCreek Township.

Four planes in total along with 19 hijackers all of them in the air 1 hour before they were used as weapons to rip a hole into the heart of America.

As America, we vowed to never forget but have we?

As much as I hate to admit I think we have. And we must not let that happen.

When we say we "remember", it's not that we do it out of honor. We have to put ourselves back to that place and time.

We have to "feel" it and relive it all over again. The only way to never forget is to brand it deep into our hearts and minds.

We owe it to them. We owe it to the 2,977 people that lost their lives that day as well as their families.

If we do not take time to open those mental wounds we want to forget, we will eventually never remember.

Writing this was hard for me. I had to stop several times because it hurt so badly to bring myself back to that point and time in my life.

I don't want to think of someone choosing to jump out a window instead of burning to death.

I don't want to think of the innocent people on those planes who were helpless.

I don't want to remember the aftermath.

But we HAVE to.

I remember you September 11th, 2001. I will always remember each and every 2,977 one of you.

Bama Belle..I just read this today... Tears streaming down.. Couldn't stop! I was just home after surgery the previous night and in a Percocet post surgery haze. I looked at the TV and asked my husband to turn off" towering inferno" which he would watch every chance he could. He walked in from the bathroom, looked and said" Lin that's not a movie it's the news this is real"...I started to cry.. You see my best friend was working in an office that just moved back to its original spot on Sept10 th... And I couldn't remember if she said" in the world trade center, or near the world trade center" I frantically called her office phone and it rang and rang. Her co worker who knows me answered finally and said we're all OK, Phyllis is consoling a person whose husband works in the WTC, and before I could say anything, we got disconnected. I didn't get to ask where exactly they were located... So I called my friend's boyfriend across the river in Jersey, but the tower just collapsed antenna and all, and I cried all day trying to find out about my friend who was born coincidentally on Sept 11. Much later in the day, after I cried myself to sleep Phyllis called after walking home to New Jersey.. To say she was fine and tired and dirty but OK... Thank God... But all those others.... Oh my God what's happening... Phyllis suffered a heart attack in November that year but thankfully survived, she had never had any heart problems before.... But that's my story.... Thank you Bama Belle for telling the timeline so eloquently! We will never forget!!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk