We Welcome All Members, And We Are Here To Help

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is the a way to have a reminder setup when you miss a text message

I have handcent installed and it gives a solid blue light until you respond to the message.

But I'm pretty sure that even if you have the stalk app it will blink. If you're talking about an audible reminder, then no not to my knowledge.

bossdon

Reaction score
This site is great. Its on par with xda. The sections are better though. Thats just my opinion..

bossdon

Reaction score
Don't let the 'rooted' folks scare ya off people.

There's room for all of us, and there's no reason to feel like a second class citizen. :)
We've got sub forums here to help get your questions in the right place. If someone is out of line, as others have said, hit the report button.

Do not feel pressured to root either. I've seen time and time again many people pushing 'root' to anyone and everyone. Read up if it interests you and see what it entails... then make a choice.
Rooting is good only in your wanting to make your device more customized to your tastes. I wasnt going to "root" my device but I needed the wifi tether. Its all about what you need your device to do..

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is from one of our members, Tunkafrankie:

Yes...there is a way. You need to download a FREE app called, SaveMMS. Like I said, it is free under the market place. Just do a search under the market place and download it...did I mention it is FREE! This app lets you save any attachment sent via mms.

Once you have downloaded the app, you need to run it, then it will automatically retrieve any attachments and display them for you to browse. You can save PICTURES and MUSIC this way. Once you click on the mp3 file, it allows you to save it.

Once saved, go under music, then select songs. Your file should now be there. If you click your song to play it, you can press the menu button (the one with the 4 horizontal lines) and it gives you an option to set as your ringtone. You must set as your ringtone at least once, then it will always be available as a phone ringtone under settings/sound & display/ Phone ringtone.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid/2743-help-send-ringtones-via-text.html

Hope that helps.

elliotpooh

Reaction score
google navigator

on the navigator when U hear the directions..HOW can U have the directions repeat as an example on the blackberry curve U just push a button....sometime when U R driving U do not hear it & U would like it repeated no one in motorola or verizon knew or knows how to do it...
also is ther any GOOD softwear for word or microsoft word out there for the droid..
thank u :) :icon_ banana:
elliot rose

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
on the navigator when U hear the directions..HOW can U have the directions repeat as an example on the blackberry curve U just push a button....sometime when U R driving U do not hear it & U would like it repeated no one in motorola or verizon knew or knows how to do it...
also is ther any GOOD softwear for word or microsoft word out there for the droid..
thank u :) :icon_ banana:
elliot rose

You're talking about using Verizon's Navigator. Google Navigator can't do that.. It's more based on your direction and speed in real time so it doesn't have that capability.

Documents to Go seems to be the software that most people use for word. It's available in the Market for about 10.00.

mrmchem

Reaction score
Two questions: 1. News about Adobe Flash for Motorola Droid and 2. App for a web based online radio called "klove" can anyone access this?

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Flash is due to come to Droid in second quarter. Sorry, never heard of that app. Best bet is try Market or Google.

X_TAC23

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Has anybody bought the imusic tao and neo music tao. I had bought both and when I installed a different rom I did a data and cache wipe and went to reinstall my apps and these no longer exist. The only way to contact the dev is a china number (f-that). So maybe someone is having the same problem and maybe not. Just could use some insite

jamesm989

Reaction score
To anyone reading, employee or phone owner:
I've had my motodroid for about 2 months now, and love it. My only problem has been the system apps already installed on my phone (corporate calendar,voice search, Google talk, extra.) How do I uninstall these apps from my phone? I never have, nor do I ever plan on using these, yet they are always on my task killer's list, wasting my battery. Is there anyway to get them off my phone?

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
To anyone reading, employee or phone owner:
I've had my motodroid for about 2 months now, and love it. My only problem has been the system apps already installed on my phone (corporate calendar,voice search, Google talk, extra.) How do I uninstall these apps from my phone? I never have, nor do I ever plan on using these, yet they are always on my task killer's list, wasting my battery. Is there anyway to get them off my phone?
The only way to get them off your phone is to root your phone and have a new rom installed.

However they are not draining the battery, your task killer is probably doing more then that then these apps are. I suggest you get rid of the task killer it's not needed. Droid can manage it's memory and battery fine without it.