We Welcome All Members, And We Are Here To Help

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've seen a couple of disturbing post this morning in the forums from people who are fairly new discussing the amount of talk about rooting that is going on and also as to whether or not we treat people who don't root like second class citizens. Also I'm seeing some comments from people complaining about not getting answers to their questions if they are not about rooting.

It's my personal experience in here that this forum has from the first moment I walked in always tried to make people feel welcome, offer help and advice, and do it's best to keep it from becoming like some forums that won't be mentioned have become.

Admins and mods work hard to keep this forum a great place. There has been some changes and I understand that the rooting may seem to be the majority of conversation here, but they have tried to keep that in the hack section and have places like the general discussion forum available for other issues. Not to mention that each phone has it's own discussion as well.

If you're a new member and you have a question you can't find an answer for please do ask. We will do our very best to try to help you, and we do appreciate you being a member of the forum.

If you have an issue and someone flames you, please report it. Mods want to know about it so they can take care of it right then and there. Venting in various threads is not going to help the matter any.

Thanks for being a part of this forum, everyone. I really love this place and I know for a fact that mods and admins want everyone to feel welcome.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let me say this........Hook is right...if you are seeing something that isn't right. Hit the report post button please. We welcoming all members. Rooted or not. If you can't find the answer you need. PM me directly. I will find it or get it. We are here to help at all times. Usually a member of the staff is on all the time.

For all member. flaming, bashing, name calling, general rude behavior is not tolerated here. We want all of our members to feel good about being here and have fun. Please remember that when posting. If you post something out of line, and it gets reported we will not hesitate to use a short time out to get our point across. This is by far the best Droid forum around. We want to keep it that way

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is by far the best Droid forum around.

I couldn't agree more :)

I love this place, and everyone has always been generally friendly. This forum's always had the overall *friendliest* attitude about it...and it needs to stay that way

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
As someone who was quite hesitant to root myself, I can see where these people are coming from as far as a forum content standpoint, but I know for a fact that there are a LOT of rooted users here who'll answer questions for ANYONE, rooted or not. This includes myself.

Welcome! My name is Jonny Kansas. Do you have any questions? (Please don't flood my pm inbox! Lol I am by NO MEANS an expert, but I DO browse active topics when I can not only to see if there's something I want to know, but also to look for questions with little to no responses.

To ANYONE (rooted/not) looking for help, you're likely to find more if you stick with clearer titles than "New here, need help." Don't forget to tag your thread as well when creating a new one (look for red lettering below the box you type in).

Yes, you'll be greeted either way you title your thread, but someone normally passing by vague titles may know what you're looking for and you'll miss out!

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think most would agree that if they offended someone they'd like to know they did. I've gotten a lot out of these forums and find it no big deal to look for that new post that has 0 replies and try to lend a hand or just welcome someone abord. Of course often times by the time I reply so have 2-3 others! I seldom see the non-rooted question not get answered.

Sometimes if nobody replies it is because they just don't know, or perhaps the question was asked in very convoluted way. It's a good sign if nobody answers your question right away as it probably means you've got a good question that has stumped others too.

More root questions? Those who root have already asked the questions newer folks are asking. I think people get more tripped up by rooting as it can be confusing so I'd guess more questions are about that, but there are also lots of questions on how to apply wallpaper, what's a good app for notes, diving tools, texting, pictures, and more that I've recently seen that you don't have to be rooted for too. Sorry to hear a bunch aren't getting helped.

It also helps to know the person who might have your answer might not be reading the forum when you post your question too. I've seen the occasional stuck member posting for help every 3 minutes waiting for a reply. I would say its worth bumping the thread up every now and then if you don't get an answer within an hour but not every minute.

I bet Hook had an answer for those folks in short order too:)

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
As Miami said, if you can't find the answer you are looking for please pm one of the Mods and we will get you an answer. Many of us have or email in our sigs for Google talk as well.

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
One thing i'd like to Add!

I AM NOT ROOTED yet, and i wont. So everyone having non-root questions is welcome to ask. I will personally care for them and help em wherever i can.

Non-Rooters are NO Secound Class people! We wouldnt accept that. But in a forums there is always a minorty for something...and that those minority-questions are not getting the highest amount of attention should be clear to everyone. But im there for you as well as all other mods, SMODS and ADMINS!!

Tigger

nerdbox08

Reaction score
I might not be a mod, but I am always willing to help if I can. I also don't mind pm or an email.

There are several non-mods who could say the same.

Like Jonny said, sometimes posts get buried, this is a high traffic forum, so giving a bump every once in a while isn't bad, just don't drowned every sub forum bumping every three minutes.

Droid users unite, regardless of droid flavor :p

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I AM NOT ROOTED yet, and i wont. So everyone having non-root questions is welcome to ask. I will personally care for them and help em wherever i can.

Non-Rooters are NO Secound Class people! We wouldnt accept that. But in a forums there is always a minorty for something...and that those minority-questions are not getting the highest amount of attention should be clear to everyone. But im there for you as well as all other mods, SMODS and ADMINS!!

Tigger
Tigger - you aren't rooted....see if I ever talk to you again.:)

Like has been thoroughly discussed, if anyone sees a post that needs addressed, please report it. There are a ton of people who aren't rooted, and they feel welcome still. My GTalk and personal email are in my signature, feel free to contact me too.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I believe there are a few of the staff members who aren't rooted, or have just recently rooted... it's certainly not like we are all on the "bleeding edge".. ;)

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net

Tigger
Tigger - you aren't rooted....see if I ever talk to you again.:)

I Hope this is a promise :D

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've seen a couple of disturbing post this morning in the forums from people who are fairly new discussing the amount of talk about rooting that is going on and also as to whether or not we treat people who don't root like second class citizens. Also I'm seeing some comments from people complaining about not getting answers to their questions if they are not about rooting.

It's my personal experience in here that this forum has from the first moment I walked in always tried to make people feel welcome, offer help and advice, and do it's best to keep it from becoming like some forums that won't be mentioned have become.

Admins and mods work hard to keep this forum a great place. There has been some changes and I understand that the rooting may seem to be the majority of conversation here, but they have tried to keep that in the hack section and have places like the general discussion forum available for other issues. Not to mention that each phone has it's own discussion as well.

If you're a new member and you have a question you can't find an answer for please do ask. We will do our very best to try to help you, and we do appreciate you being a member of the forum.

If you have an issue and someone flames you, please report it. Mods want to know about it so they can take care of it right then and there. Venting in various threads is not going to help the matter any.

Thanks for being a part of this forum, everyone. I really love this place and I know for a fact that mods and admins want everyone to feel welcome.
That's not true, I'm rooted and can't get my non-rotting questions answered! :blink:

I might not be a mod, but I am always willing to help if I can. I also don't mind pm or an email.

There are several non-mods who could say the same.

Like Jonny said, sometimes posts get buried, this is a high traffic forum, so giving a bump every once in a while isn't bad, just don't drowned every sub forum bumping every three minutes.

Droid users unite, regardless of droid flavor :p
I too try to help where I can. Since new to the phone and the site, my experience is limited but growing daily. As it does I find more and more times I can jump in and offer up assistance. I've gotten a few PMs and also welcome them.

For those who are making the statements about their questions not getting addressed I say this. The the site is huge and difficult for anyone (admin, mod, user) to keep up on. One individual thread can easily be over looked for a while and sometimes a BUMP is called for. Meanwhile, keep searching (which in itself can be frustrating) and stick with it, you'll get there.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

That's not true, I'm rooted and can't get my non-rotting questions answered! :blink:

Part of the purpose of this post was to let people know that we are willing to help in non rooted related questions. I can't answer every question everyone ask, and I don't want to just toss something out there just to give an answer.

I do the best I can to answer a question. I search for answers for peoples questions that I can't answer because first I want to help them and second because I need to learn myself. Miami has put it out there, he said if you have a question you can't get an answer PM him and he will get you an answer. I think he's trying to make it clear that we do want to resolve issues when we can and if it's possible. I don't know what more we can do then have an Admin give a promise of help personally. Sorry if you feel that we are not giving you the answers you are looking for. Going forward lets see if we can't change your opinion.:)

And since everybody else has mentioned it I'll mention to that yes I'm rooted but I've only been so for about a week and so far I have gone back to stock 3 times.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Don't let the 'rooted' folks scare ya off people.

There's room for all of us, and there's no reason to feel like a second class citizen. :)
We've got sub forums here to help get your questions in the right place. If someone is out of line, as others have said, hit the report button.

Do not feel pressured to root either. I've seen time and time again many people pushing 'root' to anyone and everyone. Read up if it interests you and see what it entails... then make a choice.

johndmfh

Reaction score
Is the a way to have a reminder setup when you miss a text message