we takin over!!!!!

FLE

Reaction score
Does anyone know how many android devices are out or that are coming out? It seems like we have an army of phones that are taking over the smartphone market and swallowing up other operating systems lol
I read something a bit back a a month or so and I beleive it said that the launch of the Moto Droid alone has already sold over 1 mill phones. I do not know if it was true or not. I do know I got me one and I am happy.:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only things that I can truly say Apple came up with that were winners in recent memory were the iMac, iPod line and iPhone.

ROFL. Let's see. The iPod has sold over 200,000,000 units. The iPhone over 50,000,000 units. The iMac will account for 25% of all desktop sales worldwide in 2010.

I think that's probably a sufficient set of "winners."

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I posted in another thread the stock ticker for Apple. Their stock value is pretty much higher right now than it has been throughout their history as a company. Lots of people buy their products and many of them are dedicated repeat purchasers. I'll acknowledge that just because you were on top last year doesn't guarantee you'll be on top next year, but having a warchest helps to keep you going through the slumpy years.

As for the title on this thread it is to early for me to agree that we are taking over. I will say we are doing just fine though. Remember, a lot of the current phone purchases are being made by those purchasing their very first smart phone. The companies are competing for new sales, not just existing market share. With all that said and done...I don't think Android is going away anytime soon.

iPirate

Reaction score
Does anyone know how many android devices are out or that are coming out? It seems like we have an army of phones that are taking over the smartphone market and swallowing up other operating systems lol
I read something a bit back a a month or so and I beleive it said that the launch of the Moto Droid alone has already sold over 1 mill phones. I do not know if it was true or not. I do know I got me one and I am happy.:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:
There is this...
Platform Versions | Android Developers

I remember not long ago 2.01 and 2.0 were about 1/3 of the pie, but because 2.1 was released Droid has been put in the slice with N1 etc...

I'm estimating 8-10million total Android phones accessing the market.

This site says 8ish Number of Android Phones Sold | Number Of | How Many

Google said (?) 60k phones are shipped a day, if they keep that pace they will double their total number of phones sold this year

Last edited:

nerdbox08

Reaction score
I don't think Android is going away anytime soon.

I agree with your entire comment.

I want to revisit threads like this in 5 years when the playing field is a bit more level, or even if you will.

It will have given the Android community time to get repeat customers in place and it will give the OS more time to mature. Also, it will have given time for the Android OS to leak into other products.

I do give props to Apple for making a product that can create such a fan base, I just can't wait to see if Android can do the same.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The problem with apple is even though their computers do not have to worry about viruses; its not worth 2 or 3 times the price of a pc version. A macbook runs you 1300 and up. For that price I can get a nice laptop with antivirus software. They need to come down on their prices and come up on their customer service.
When I had my iphone I was a signature away from about to get a refurbished macbook. But to tell me that for 1400 I get a laptop but no accidental plan. The have apple care but that is it. I can go to best buy and get a toshiba for 700 bucks and for an extra 100 get a 1 yr accidental plan.
Apple is a good company, but after going back and forth with them over my iphone that was only 600; I would hate to see the issue over a 1500 laptop. Apple Care needs to do a better job and stop being so arrogant.
The Droid will remain a better device because of google always listening to the customers and looking to provide a product that the people want instead of telling the people what they want.