We need more MM themes!!!

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by erikfig, Jul 8, 2010.

1. erikfig

erikfig New Member

Ok so Froyo is up and running crazy fast and smooth..

Now, all we need are more MM themes so we can mix them, I like to mix them together because a few are super cool but have battery icons and other things that really sucks!
  2. MAD450r

MAD450r Theme Developer Theme Developer

Make them yourself

Its pretty easy to take an exiting one that works for you and copy the folder then empty out the contents and drag folders from framework or other things into appropriate folders and it should work fine. I've done a few myself now. Not a complete theme, yet. But i'll soon get there :)

Try it out with a few easy things first say battery icon's or 3g or wifi, or better yet all the above, find what you like best since they all sit in the same folder its easy to setup the MM.
  3. erikfig

erikfig New Member

Once I extract the theme, I go to System, Framework but I can''t open the files on my PC. What software do I need for that?
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  4. ultima

ultima New Member

where is the folder i need to copy so i can switch stuff?
  5. MAD450r

Ok you need a few things

One I suggest 7zip or winrar. With 7zip you open the apk/zip. Then from within 7zip you choose copy to and copy all the folders to your pc work folder. Then you should be able to put your explorer on icon view and look through the folders to find things you want to edit. Just to get started

Make a copy of the apk or zip first just in case. this works for editing everything. As for putting files where that you'll learn the more you look at other MM files. Try something simple at first say the 3g icons

3gTheme.zip

So this file the way it is can be used to replace any image in the framework. I wish I was better at explaining things for you. Say you open this cause you wanted this set of 3gicons but you want simply stunnings battery icons. Well just extract simply stunnings framework then copy the folders pc and fine the battery icons, then simply drag them into the same folder on that MM file. As long as the files are named the same in your framework-res.apk. You can check yours after the same way once you see all the naming is correct and you replaced all the files you wanted you can either pack/zip the file up to upload on the web to share, or just copy the folder to your phones android/themes folder then open up MM and choose exiting theme and install it, just

Just Make sure to make a complete backup of your rom before starting to experiment with this sort of thing.

Once you did this a few times u will find it gets easier. Im going to grab some chow now but if you need more help msg with questions I'll try to help as best as I can. I learned all this stuff here either reading up or had others help me out as well. Thus im very happy to help out other's learn. More people theming the more things that popup for use to try, or ideas we can then do ourselves. :)

Open this one for example and look at what I have in there, I have only what I want to replace when doing this. I know I got side tracked on you by talking about editing apk not just the MM theme.
    ok now say you edited a few files with paint.net, when done editing make sure to save over the file. [this is why I said to make a copy of the apk for a backup]. Ok now say you edited all you want too.
    Go back to the still opened 7zip and drag all the folders containing files you edited back to the 7zip file. Make sure the files/folders go back exactly where there were not into another folder. it should then overwrite the old png's.

Ok once thats done put the apk on your phones sdcard. Now on the phone use root explorer and copy the file to system/app then set permissions to 6.4.4 and reboot.
    If its a widget you edited you will have to readd to your desktop once the phone boots back up.

im no expert but this has been working great for me.
    Have any other questions fire away.dancedroiddancedroid
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  6. erikfig

erikfig New Member

THANKS MAD!!!!!!!!! I will have some fun on the weekend...
  7. ultima

ultima New Member

thx...MAD450r can you also tell me how or give a link on how to change icons colors like you did for the 3G icons?
  8. erikfig

erikfig New Member

You need to download and install Gimp2 on you pc, through fhe applicztion you can do whatever you want with your icons.
  9. ultima

ultima New Member

ok i already have gimp2 thanks for the help
  10. MAD450r

gimp2 will work

I personally used paint.net and I just adjust hue and it changes colors. Its very easy then just save each, make sure not to rename at all then just put them back in the same folder they were in and install using the MM file I provided.
Search tags for this page
droid mm themes
m m themes
m.m themes
m.m thems
mm themer

mm themes

mm thems
mmthemes
themes by mm
themes m m
themes mm