We need a Droid Build Number poll!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by ashgfu, Mar 6, 2010.

1. ashgfu

ashgfu Member

Ratings:
    +0
    While all droids seem the same, there are slight variations and querks from phone to phone. When uploading new ROMs and Kernels, we see a good bit of variation in results from Droid users. A ROM may work flawlessly for some, but others may have issues with the same ROM. I believe this is due to production variances in different build models.

The Build number is a small number that can be found behind the phone's battery. For instance, my Droid's build number is 39/09. The build number is the week/year of production. I got my droid the day after its release, so I have a droid made in the first week of production :).

The moral of my story: I find it logical to create a poll where people can post their build number for three reasons:
    One - To find what build models are having the most issues with hacking, which can help explain several issues
    Two - To find variances in hardware (Ex: Purple softkeys)
    Three - To track Droid sale trends maybe?

So please, post what you think of this idea. I figure it would be a good idea to start a poll to find if the droids with issues are indeed coming from a certain time of production.

2. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry to break it to ya man, but there is already a thread like this somewhere around that's *full* of week/year dates...

3. ashgfu

ashgfu Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I know, but that thread is of no use. If we started a poll, the info could actually be useful.

Search tags for this page

what does build number on a a tablet mean