There's a call we're making
We're using Google Voice
It's true we'll save on minutes
And make calls for free

I'd say keep your day job. Bernie Taupin, you are not.:icon_ devil:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
[video=youtube;ne7fPpxAnuM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne7fPpxAnuM"]YouTube - We Are the World - Lionel Richie, Tina Turner, Michael Jackson[/video]
Original
[video=youtube;Glny4jSciVI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Glny4jSciVI"]YouTube - We Are The World 25 For Haiti - Official Video[/video]
25 years later​

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I feel like I wrote a song and everybody likes the lyrics but nobody can figure out which person or persons I'm speaking off. I will ne er tell but I can say it isn't anybody that has responded to the post. And that's the last I'll say about it.
I just know you meant me. :redface::icon_cussing::rolleyes:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
post on point hook

and the 25th anniversary we are the world is good, seen it the other day. But why is little wayne singing, he should have been given a rap role or put in the background.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
post on point hook

and the 25th anniversary we are the world is good, seen it the other day. But why is little wayne singing, he should have been given a rap role or put in the background.
i HATE the auto-tuner. HATE HATE HATE. Like using steroids to hit a home run... sure it seems cool, but you're cheating. :)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
post on point hook

i HATE the auto-tuner. HATE HATE HATE. Like using steroids to hit a home run... sure it seems cool, but you're cheating. :)

u gonna tell me u dont like this:

[video=youtube;qvgcsVHk1Iw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvgcsVHk1Iw]YouTube - bud light auto tune 2010 super bowl commercial[/video]

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
post on point hook

Somebody talking to somebody's original music and calling it art is IMHO cheating. They are cheating you out of your money if you're paying for it.

Now what the heck is an auto tuner. I think that's a turntable like in the old stereos.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
post on point hook

[video=youtube;qvgcsVHk1Iw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvgcsVHk1Iw"]YouTube - bud light auto tune 2010 super bowl commercial[/video]
Yes. That's what I'm telling you :icon_ devil:
It was cool, but then T-Pain came along and ruined it. Now everyone uses it. IMO, it's a way to sound talented without having any actual talent :)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
post on point hook

Somebody talking to somebody's original music and calling it art is IMHO cheating. They are cheating you out of your money if you're paying for it.

Now what the heck is an auto tuner. I think that's a turntable like in the old stereos.

ima assume u being sarcastic about what auto tune is, but jic it is what makes tpain voice sound the way it does.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

ima assume u being sarcastic about what auto tune is, but jic it is what makes tpain voice sound the way it does.
Your link to the Budlight commercial perfectly displays what an auto-tune does. In case Hook is still wondering :)

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Your link to the Budlight commercial perfectly displays what an auto-tune does. In case Hook is still wondering :)

Oh that thing. Well, years ago Joe Walsh and Peter Frampton both used Voice boxes and that's somewhat similar except you had to play guitar while you use it. I assumed that was a keyboard making the voice noise.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

[video=youtube;qvgcsVHk1Iw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvgcsVHk1Iw"]YouTube - bud light auto tune 2010 super bowl commercial[/video]
Yes. That's what I'm telling you :icon_ devil:
It was cool, but then T-Pain came along and ruined it. Now everyone uses it. IMO, it's a way to sound talented without having any actual talent :)

:bling:
To your steroid point, people wasnt as upset about it when mark and sammy was hitting signs, airplanes, and sinking boats. Baseball turned their heads and allowed it when they was coming off strike. Now every one is upset. I am not for cheating, I am against the hypocrisy of baseball. The fact so many people used it just points to that.
As far as t-pain he actually can sing, but its like millie vanillie wants its out, its out.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
That's music for you today. Over produced with very little talent.

Give an "artist" a catchy hook and you have yourself a hit.

My my my my my my my poker face.

Who sings about anything anymore today?