waypoints, directions in Navigator/Google Maps

killick

Reaction score
Hi.

I am having a problem and don't know if anyone here knows what's wrong.

If I go to Google Maps and plot directions, dragging the route to various waypoints I want to pass on my way, I can click the "Send" button on the website and choose 'email.' I fill in my address and send it to my email.

When I open the mail on my droid, I get the option to open in Maps. Great! I now have turn by turn directions. BUT, the map, for some reason, shows the original A --> B route-- NOT the route with the various waypoints.:icon_ nono2:

Let me give an example. If I ask Google Maps for directions to Boston from DC, the route will go through NYC. If on the website I drag the route to the Tappan Zee Bridge to go around NYC, Google Maps changes the turn by turn directions to match this new route. When I send the route from Google Maps website to the droid, I get the desired directions, but the route on the droid map is wrong-- that is, it shows the path going through NYC.

How can I get the map to match the directions?

Thanks,

Killick
ps-- please argue Tappan Zee vs GW Bridge elsewhere-- I was just giving an example. ;-)

OP
killick

killick

Reaction score
I read in the Google Mobile forum that using Google's My Maps to navigate with the Droid is a feature to come in the next few weeks or months. :blackdroid:

OP
killick

killick

Reaction score
July is gone but still no waypoints

It's still not possible to create a map using the Google Maps website and then send it to my Droid to use for navigation. Anyone know more about when we might see this feature?