Way to Text Message on the Computer?

BSmith

Reaction score
Is there a way to text message from the computer without using Google Voice? Reason for not wanting to use Google Voice is because I want to use my actual phone's number and not the GV number.

I saw the Iphone just got an app that does remote desktop from the computer to the phone, so you can pull up the phones screen on the computer. That'd work too.

Thanks in advance.

lyam

Reaction score
myverizon.com, Messaging, Send Text Message

Is there a way to text message from the computer without using Google Voice? Reason for not wanting to use Google Voice is because I want to use my actual phone's number and not the GV number.

I saw the Iphone just got an app that does remote desktop from the computer to the phone, so you can pull up the phones screen on the computer. That'd work too.

Thanks in advance.

OP
B

BSmith

Reaction score
Oh wow, I'm an idiot.
blackeye.gif

Thanks!

USCellular_No_More

Reaction score
myverizon.com, Messaging, Send Text Message

I will be in india for about a week. Can I still text? I know that I will have wifi and could send texts from verison.com, but will I be able to receive them? Do any apps let you send and receive texts via wifi?

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
pdaNet will also allow you to send texts from your computer w/ your phone number (at least that's what i'm told)