WaveSecure

OP
silverx10

silverx10

Reaction score
I really do need to go back and check out any other particular flaws the app may have, though I'm really loathe to go back and lock it down.

Hrmmm...

papy72

Reaction score
Does the app have some method of preventing an intelligent thief from simply uninstalling it? It's not like you'll know insantly that your phone has been stolen.

Reaction score
Does the app have some method of preventing an intelligent thief from simply uninstalling it? It's not like you'll know insantly that your phone has been stolen.

Not yet, but they're looking to make it so that you need to enter your pin to uninstall the app.

theascended

Reaction score
Anyone know if this uses SMS to send control messages? I've tried a few other apps like this and they all send SMS messages to get the phone to connect to their server. I really don't like this because it would alert a thief that you might be doing something with the phone... and I didn't get unlimited txt...

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
Anyone know if this uses SMS to send control messages? I've tried a few other apps like this and they all send SMS messages to get the phone to connect to their server. I really don't like this because it would alert a thief that you might be doing something with the phone... and I didn't get unlimited txt...

As was posted earlier...

Aye, I've had no problems with the app yet. It's actually pretty neat to note that the commands for the app are received via SMS, so you can see a bit of the app's internal workings for a split second before they're deleted by the app (that is, in the notifications window when the SMS first arrives).

atlharry

Reaction score
umm... Do we get charged for incoming international texts? I will have to check that on my next bill. Until then, it's back to Lookout!

Aaron636r

Reaction score
Going to their sight and logging in and selecting location....doesn't work for me. just says it can take a few minutes and nothing ever happens.

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
Going to their sight and logging in and selecting location....doesn't work for me. just says it can take a few minutes and nothing ever happens.

Same with me. I see the GPS icon going but alas, it never works.

I can also tell you Handcent IM wreaks havoc with it. Everytime I lock my phone the Messaging app crashes and I have to force close.

Aaron636r

Reaction score
I was impatient. Once I got my confirmation email to validated my email address the location option worked and got me pretty dead on.

themans23

Reaction score
just downloaded it and backing up my info now, Awesome little app...

Ok so i backed up my contacts and SMS, for some reason it only backed up 13 contacts...... i have umm... 200 contacts, why did it only find 13?

n0cturne74

Reaction score
Just noticed, if you lock the screen and press the home button you can go home. The lock screen pops back up, but you can see your home screen for a second or two. I have folders on my home screen with direct dial shortcuts, I was able to see my home screen and dial a number in that folder all while the phone was locked.

Hope that gets fixed.
I installed this today while at work and locked the screen with the alarm. When the phone started screaming (shattering the silence of the office may I add) I scrambled to find a way to shut it off and hit power. The menu asking to go into silent or airplane mode stopped the alarm and unlocked it, as I was able to fully use the phone again. I even called my voicemail. I shut the phone off and turned it back on and it immediately started screaming again when it booted up until I entered my pin to unlock it. Just letting everyone know that the lock isn't foolproof yet.

Edit: I locked my phone a 2nd time without the alarm and this worked well, but it gave me just enough time to open task killer pro and kill all apps before it locked the screen again, thus shutting the lock down. This seems pretty easily defeatable.

I'll keep it and wait for the updates, especially if beta users get to use the release versions for free. Hopefully it gets more bullet proof.