WaveSecure has been sold to Mcafee

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
I received this email this morning and have submitted a request to find out the status of us beta users, we were told that we had free lifetime subs for beta testing but from the looks of the email Mcafee is not going to honor it.

ws1j.jpg

Last edited:

LT*

Reaction score
I got this this morning, and am interested to see what they have to say about this.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I didn't receive an e-mail yet... but I will be canceling if McAfee doesn't honor the lifetime subscription to beta testers.

Unfortunate.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I will also cancel if they add antivirus to it....

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
we were told that we had free lifetime subs for beta testing but from the looks of the email Mcafee is not going to honor it.

Was there more than you posted?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
OP
DesktopDevin

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
I also stated that I have a email into support to verify the status of our subs.

Graanted the email is most likely a a spam blast to their subs list , but I have delt with Mcafee too many times.

I just hope they dont screw up a good product. I would gladly pay for the wavesecure software as is.

But if Mcafee is going to get their paws in on it, I will drop it off my droid like a rock.

cheewee

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Just to clear up the confusion.

1. The above is a monthly (we try!) WaveSecure newsletter that we send out to keep our users updated on the latest WaveSecure product updates and news. We began sending newsletters a few months ago, well before the acquisition.

2. If you prefer not to receive WaveSecure product updates, news and offers, you can unsubscribe by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the footer.

3. For beta users who have received a lifetime subscription, your subscription is unaffected. WaveSecure will remain free for you as long as you use that device.

4. Note that if you have a paid subscription, you will be able to switch devices freely during the subscription period.

5. The promotion is for the benefit of trial users who didn't manage to come on board during the trial. It doesn't mean that we are going to start charging beta users.

Hope that clarifies.

Thanks,
cheewee
Team WaveSecure
www.wavesecure.com