Wavesecure - FREE lifetime subscription

bwhite82

Reaction score
This is awesome. I have both WaveSecure and Mobile Defense installed. Only downside I've found so far, you can't activate or use your Google Voice number with it. I actually called VZW to unblock texting just for these two great apps. 20 cents for peace of mind is well worth it IMHO.

Hello, gee and I thought I was the only one in the world w/o 'texting' :)... I don't have it in my plan either.

Is that what a text message cost, about?: 20 cents?

Yeah, I have both apps installed as well... I'd like to run a test, or hear from someone who has... so we don't have to find out HOW, the day that it may happen. They probably have the details somewhere in their website..

Thanks

Yeah on VZW, 20 cents for text-only, 25 cents for multimedia text. Thing is, I'll still use GV for my texting. So the pay-as-you-go txt plan really isn't a problem for me as long as I don't receive spam text messages. I'll only be using VZW's txting soley for the event that my phone is lost or stolen.

eliassami5

Reaction score
the reason the txts from Wavesecure cost 20 cents is because they come from Singapore. So even with an unlimited txting plan you would still have to pay the 20 cents per text when wavesecure does txt you.

Anyway that is insignificant and its a very small price to pay for the service they provide.

ntrddragn

Reaction score
i just test the app again. i went to the site and logged in and lock my phone via the website pretending i lost the phone. it did lock it but if you press the home button the lock goes away for like 5+ sec. and then reappear. I tried launching apps and making calls which resulted in the lock screen appearing and the apps wouldnt load but I manage to play music via the mixzing widget. so the thief can 'browse' your phone but cant do anything except play music.

edit: it appears i can still launch any widgets that require just a quick tap like mototorch, silent , vibrate etc...

Last edited:

cheewee

Reaction score
Hi all,
We've just released an exciting WaveSecure update on Android Market yesterday that includes better Android 2.x contact sync and also an add-on called WaveSecure Uninstall Protection Add-on (UPA).

WaveSecure Uninstall Protection Add-on (UPA) locks your phone when it detects that WaveSecure is removed. If you uninstall UPA, WaveSecure will lock the phone to secure it too.

The cool thing is that they watch out for each other and is a breeze to install. For users who don't want to root their devices and put WaveSecure in the ROM, this is a easy way to offer more protection.

PS: Only days before 31 March when WaveSecure offer ends so don't wait, get it now.

Thanks,
cheewee
Team WaveSecure
www.wavesecure.com

Rique

Reaction score
Hi all,
We've just released an exciting WaveSecure update on Android Market yesterday that includes better Android 2.x contact sync and also an add-on called WaveSecure Uninstall Protection Add-on (UPA).

WaveSecure Uninstall Protection Add-on (UPA) locks your phone when it detects that WaveSecure is removed. If you uninstall UPA, WaveSecure will lock the phone to secure it too.

The cool thing is that they watch out for each other and is a breeze to install. For users who don't want to root their devices and put WaveSecure in the ROM, this is a easy way to offer more protection.

PS: Only days before 31 March when WaveSecure offer ends so don't wait, get it now.

Thanks,
cheewee
Team WaveSecure
www.wavesecure.com

Hello, this is an IMPORTANT issue for me personally and I suspect for many people... - how to recover our Droids in the case they get lost - not only because they are expensive but because we have invaluable information in these machines. I would like to lock it right away... In fact I would not mind setting up a "Password" just to access my machine, say when the screen turns off....Of course I would like to have a CHOICE to turn this feature on and off, so that I could turn it on only when I feel I might loose the unit somewhere outside on the street... There are times when I'm so busy, I KNOW, I might forget my unit at any moment.

Anyway, back to the "password." I would choose a very simple password... something IMPOSSIBLE to forget even for me <smile> and if after the 4th try, you don't enter the correct password, the system should LOCK IT UP right then and there. Now, to unlock it, there should a phone I could call (or online access) enter my system password (yours) and then I could unlock it. This is case, say, that someone, like a kid for instance, was playing with the droid (w/o my consent) and tried getting in.

Hmmm.... I'm getting more ideas - watch out! <smile> - Say I forget the droid in a restaurant. The waitress finds it... Say that she is curious and tries to turn the unit on, or anyone later on... The password appears, if a person enters any characters... or decides not to... say after 5 seconds (I would like a choice to enter this amount), a MESSAGE SHOULD APPEAR that says: If this unit has been misplaced, and you would like to notify the owner as quickly as possible, click "YES." If the person presses YES, then a series of actions should take place immediately: 1- Your system should know the unit is misplaced... send and email (or whatever) to any of the email addresseS, call alternative tel numbers (i.e. my sister's, etc). ALL WITH THE PURPOSE OF LETTING ME KNOW I can get my unit back somewhere.

THEN what I would probably do in this situation is call the restaurant first or go there... But if I did not know where I left it. then I would call (your system of course) and my sister or brother or check email addresses (whatever needed), etc and alert them, and either call them back if I'm by myself or tell them to call a companion's cell if I happen to be with someone. There...the end <smile>

Let me ask you, DO YOU OFFER, some kind of a TESTING mechanism so that we know for sure how your systems works? I would hate to wait until the day it happens... I probably would be so upset I would forget everything.

Sorry for the long note, but just to let you know how to improve your service :)

Last edited:

searayman

Reaction score
why does wavesecure bother backing up contacts if google already does this?

Rique

Reaction score
this is awesome. I have both wavesecure and mobile defense installed. Only downside i've found so far, you can't activate or use your google voice number with it. I actually called vzw to unblock texting just for these two great apps. 20 cents for peace of mind is well worth it imho.

hello, gee and i thought i was the only one in the world w/o 'texting' :)... I don't have it in my plan either.

Is that what a text message cost, about?: 20 cents?

Yeah, i have both apps installed as well... I'd like to run a test, or hear from someone who has... So we don't have to find out how, the day that it may happen. They probably have the details somewhere in their website..

Thanks

no, you're not the only one. But from the looks of your photo you might be the youngest. :) since the lowest price for text messages is $5 per month, as long as i don't send/receive more than 24 text messages a month, i'm saving money.

Edit: I've tested both apps. They work. I have both as well. I'm a belt and suspenders kinda guy.
thanks for report :)

th9203

Reaction score
NOTHING IS FREE FOREVER. There is ALWAYS a cost. For those of you who have never dealt with or had to deal with accounts that have been breached please be very careful what you allow to go across the wire. While the authors of Wave Secure are more than welcome in this forum as elsewhere you do not know how the information you are choosing to share is being used. You don't know what servers are being used between here and Singapore and who has control of them. Be very careful. Call me paranoid but the business I am in requires it. :motdroidhoriz:

cheewee

Reaction score
NOTHING IS FREE FOREVER. There is ALWAYS a cost. For those of you who have never dealt with or had to deal with accounts that have been breached please be very careful what you allow to go across the wire. While the authors of Wave Secure are more than welcome in this forum as elsewhere you do not know how the information you are choosing to share is being used. You don't know what servers are being used between here and Singapore and who has control of them. Be very careful. Call me paranoid but the business I am in requires it. :motdroidhoriz:

Hi th9203,
Just to clarify some points.

#1 The WaveSecure lifetime subscription is given out free but it is limited to the lifetime of the device.

#2 No one can view your data except you and anyone you’ve shared your PIN with. Read more about privacy policy at www.wavesecure.com/privacypolicy.aspx

#3 Our servers are hosted in the US at Rackspace not Singapore so your data is in the US.

#4 Our SMS gateway is currently in Singapore. However, we are in the midst of setting up our own SMS gateway in US. If everything pans out well, it should be up in less than a month.

#5 You can choose not to backup your data if you don't want too. The other security features of WaveSecure will still work well.

Thanks,
cheewee
Team WaveSecure
www.wavesecure.com

cheewee

Reaction score
why does wavesecure bother backing up contacts if google already does this?

Hi searayman,
Some people choose not to back up the data for various reasons. If this is the case and they lost the phone, WaveSecure lets them grab a copy of the latest contacts remotely. WaveSecure also backs up SMS and call logs, something Google doesn't.

Thanks,
cheewee
Team WaveSecure
www.wavesecure.com