Wave Secure?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by NVash, Jun 14, 2010.

1. NVash

NVash Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I recently lost my Droid. However, I got it back and Im very happy for that. Thing is that when I called Verizon and asked them what I could do, after losing it, they told me that if I had WaveSecure I couldve just wiped everything off of it. Thats no help after the fact but now that I have it back I looked into it. Apparently it was free but now its $20 a year. Tell me, is it worth it? What all does it do? And is there any way to wipe the contents of the SD card as well?

2. GeckoDroid

GeckoDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    just sounds like a waste of money

3. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    It's up to you but it's definitely a good idea to put either Wave Secure or Mobil Defense on your phone. It can track your phone by GPS, by cell towers. It can wipe your phones data so all your personal information doesn't get stolen.

20.00 a year? That seems steep to me, I'd look at Mobile Defense, that was free when I got it and I preferred it over Wave Secure.

4. NVash

NVash Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the help everyone. I keep searching for 'Mobile Defense' in the app store and cant find it. I dont understand why because I had found it earlier today but opted to not install it at that moment figuring Id do it later. Now it seems to have vanished from the Market. 'Mobile Defense (BETA)' wont work either. Anyone else having this problem? And is Mobile Defense completely free?

https://www.mobiledefense.com/download
    Even the direct link isnt working anymore.

Mobile Defense app missing from Android Market [RESOLVED] (Page 1) - Announcements - Mobile Defense
    Wait, they already know. Never mind. Guess Ill try again later.

Anyway, so with this I can track down my lost phone via GPS? Does it still need to have service activated on it, since thats usually the first thing to get terminated when a phone is lost? And can this app wipe my SD card as well if need be?

5. erikfig

erikfig Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Do not waste ytour money on that, I had it and did a test to track the phone and it is really stupid. It does not tell you the exact location of the device only the city where it is at. The only good think about it is that you can lock it via internet, and 20 bucks for that. Hell no!!

6. sst45jeff

sst45jeff Active Member

Ratings:
    +60
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo
    SmartGuard

Take a look at smrtguard