Wave Secure

Hypnotic

Reaction score
Does wave secure use up a lot of battery? Like backing up information to the servers during the day? The reason for me asking this is I'm generally in an area with low signal due to the walls. So I just want to know if it will seriously drain my battery.

coondogg97

Reaction score
Does wave secure use up a lot of battery? Like backing up information to the servers during the day? The reason for me asking this is I'm generally in an area with low signal due to the walls. So I just want to know if it will seriously drain my battery.

I have been running WaveSecure for a while now and never noticed any difference in my battery life.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I used it for a while and it was only 2%. Not much at all. But I suggest Mobile Defense over Wave Secure.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mobile Defense does not have remote wipe and back up yet. They have said it's in development... but no word on when it'll be available.

OP
Hypnotic

Hypnotic

Reaction score

I used it for a while and it was only 2%. Not much at all. But I suggest Mobile Defense over Wave Secure.

Please explain why you prefer mobile defense over wave secure

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mobile Defense was more highly recommended so I did a test. In finding the location Mobile defense was the only GPS app that found my exact address. Wave Defense could not do this.

You can always use Astro to back up your apps, and I also use My BackUp as well. But it was the capability of the GPS that sold me.

Give them both a try and see which one you like better.

OP
Hypnotic

Hypnotic

Reaction score
Mobile Defense was more highly recommended so I did a test. In finding the location Mobile defense was the only GPS app that found my exact address. Wave Defense could not do this.

You can always use Astro to back up your apps, and I also use My BackUp as well. But it was the capability of the GPS that sold me.

Well at the moment which ever one does not take up a lot of battery ;x I really just want something that if my phone is stolen I can easily track it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Well at the moment which ever one does not take up a lot of battery ;x I really just want something that if my phone is stolen I can easily track it.

I don't see Mobile Defense using any battery so it's got to be under 2%. Wave Secure used 2%

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mobile Defense tracking is better.... but having had my days of fighting and run-ins with the law... I don't really want to know where my stolen phone is... because someone will lose teeth :icon_ devil:

Wave Secure offers remote wipe... which is really what I want... so I can erase all my info on the device.

OP
Hypnotic

Hypnotic

Reaction score

I don't see Mobile Defense using any battery so it's got to be under 2%. Wave Secure used 2%

Well I guess I'll have to give them a both a try.

I'm really not worried about wiping the phone. At least any time soon, but I would hate for this phone to be stolen

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mobile Defense and Wave Secure shouldn't consume any battery... they shouldn't be running unless you activate the service.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mobile Defense tracking is better.... but having had my days of fighting and run-ins with the law... I don't really want to know where my stolen phone is... because someone will lose teeth :icon_ devil:

Wave Secure offers remote wipe... which is really what I want... so I can erase all my info on the device.
lol, Martin nobody says you gotta be the one to go retrieve it. That's what you got cops for. The remote wipe is nice on Wave Secure, I will admit that.

But you'd still be out a phone.

OP
Hypnotic

Hypnotic

Reaction score
Mobile Defense and Wave Secure shouldn't consume any battery... they shouldn't be running unless you activate the service.

I see well that sounds even better.

From the remote location do both apps have the ability to turn on your GPS?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

lol, Martin nobody says you gotta be the one to go retrieve it. That's what you got cops for. The remote wipe is nice on Wave Secure, I will admit that.

But you'd still be out a phone.

here you go with logic and reasoning again :)
Very good point hook.... maybe as a sign of progress I should install Mobile Defense?
I'm not that guy anymore :icon_ devil:

LakeMountD

Reaction score
Yeah I wish it showed the address too, seems like a simple fix for them since it still shows location very accurately. I have both installed personally.